General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

'03 Honda Accord Door Latches/Power Locks

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2013, 01:35 AM
Exclamation '03 Honda Accord Door Latches/Power Locks

Hello all. My apologies if this has been brought up before. I wasn't able to find anything whatsoever elsewhere and thought this would be the best bet.

Prior to today (Friday), my power locks would not work in my 2003 Honda Accord Coupe EX (2.4L). I bought two new actuators online and decided to install them myself. After a few hours, both were installed and everything was working fine (or so I believed). I got in the car about an hour after I installed everything. I went to get out of the car and was not able to from the driver's side. I opened the window and opened the door that way. When I went back to the car, I was unable to get in the car at all (doors seemed unlocked). I had to go through the window. I cannot open the doors (either) from the inside or outside. It seems that the door latch is stuck in the down (locked) position. I am unable to unlock the drivers side door by the key.

Can anyone help me on fixing this problem or point me in the right direction?

Thanks,
James

2003 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2.4L

Old 09-14-2013, 10:41 AM
Super Moderator : And A Texan

A notoriously difficult problem in earlier models. First challenge is removing door panel w/ door closed. You probably need to remove the car seat for access.

Next accessing the door lock assy to unlatch. Check following video. Hopefuly your's is similar. I didn't see anything for late model Accords.

Another good video to learn from. Good idea to buy new lock assy to practice release movements.

good luck