General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

04 Accord A/C leak

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2005, 03:57 PM
cpsully
Unregistered
Default 04 Accord A/C leak

My 04 Accord's A/C suddenly stopped working. I was surprised a car at this age would need to be re-charged so soon. I took it to the dealer, it was determined that there was a hole in the compressor and all the refrigerant leaked out.

They want to replace the entire compressor. They claim a rock could have been kicked up and cause a small hole in the compressor.
Note: I haven't *seen* this hole yet.

Oddly enough, they have offered to pay 1/2 of the $520 price tag via the warranty, etc.

Not to look a gift horse in the mouth, but I'm very suspicious. *If* this was a rock incident, I would think the warranty wouldn't apply as it would be considered my fault, or normal wear. As they are willing to pay half, it leads me to believe there is more going on here.

Is this a defect? A silent recall? Is my dealership slyly going to claim this as 100% warranty *and* charge me $260?

I checked out NHSTA and didn't see any complaint related to this issue, and saw no service bulletins either.

Any insight or guesses out there? Thank you.

Old 05-27-2005, 01:07 AM
Default RE: 04 Accord A/C leak

Ok heres the deal - Compressor leaks = compressor needs to be replaced.

IF you want your A/C to work and they are paying half price, go for it. Make it clear to them as long as it fixes the problem ! Not replace and see how it goes!!

Old 06-02-2005, 02:32 AM

Ya...make sure that they are really able to fix it fer sure, and its not a maybe this will fix it.

Old 09-07-2005, 04:33 PM
needmoretime4
Unregistered

ok, my question is don't you have a bumper to bumper warranty on an 04? i would think the compressor or any of the components are covered on the vehicle, unless you are over your allouted miles.

i would go back and check your warranty papers and see. Sounds like they are trying to earn some money on their end.

Call Honda yourself and talk to someone there or better yet, have them show you the hole they are referring to, you should be able to determine if the hole is from a rock or just a defect.