General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

04 V6 Accord Brake light issue......

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2010, 11:38 AM
Default 04 V6 Accord Brake light issue......

Hello all,

I have an 04 V6 Accord. I am having an issue with my brake lights. When I hit the brakes the 4 bulbs in the tail lights along with the one in the rear window do not light up. However the brake light in my spoiler does light up. I cannot imagine that the issue is with the bulbs because I find it hard to believe that they would all die out at once. Also, the bulbs in the tail lights do work normally with my lights on, just not with the brakes. Any suggestions?

Old 06-01-2010, 11:00 AM
Super Moderator

Got a multi-meter? Test the bulbs, just to rule them out for sure. Brakes use separate filiaments in the same bulb, so they can work OK for running-lights while the brakes are burned out.

Then check whether the bulb sockets are getting good voltage and good ground.

Old 06-02-2010, 09:21 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

at the sockets chk for power at white/black wire and ground at black wire,, with brake pedal pushed in.......if you got power and ground i would try a new bulbs

if no power at white/black, you need to back trace the brake in the wire

is it a factory spoiler ?? since light in spoiler comes on i would have to assume that fuse and brake switch are ok ,,

Old 06-03-2010, 11:24 AM

Thanks for the input! I should also mention that I DO have a problem with my cruise control as well. I only mention this because I have read in other posts that the problem with my cruise control could be tied to the brake light issue. The problem with the cruise control is that if I try to push the CC button, the button does not stay depressed. However if I were to hold the CC button down with my finger, then the CC works like normal for as long as I am physically holding the button down. Does this information change your opinions at all?