General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

06 Accord Driver Door Issues

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2011, 10:31 AM
Default 06 Accord Driver Door Issues

Hi folks. My wife and I got this Accord about 18 months ago. Not long afterword, I decided the car had been wrecked in the left front fender and it effected the door. Here's the issues I'm having. The power window is slow, and usually makes a terrible squealing sound going down, sometimes up. The controls for the door locks in that door usually don't work. The speaker works sometimes. The door leaks water in the rain. The remote unlock usually don't work.

I went to pop the door panel off and didn't see anything that lent itself to removal. I suspect clips that'll have to be replaced and several hidden screws. I checked the forum and no one has talked about opening up a door on this model year Accord.

I'm really hoping I can solve these issues without replacing the door. The biggie for me right now is getting that window to work properly without the squeal.

Thanks for your input.

Old 11-20-2011, 10:38 AM
Super Moderator : And A Texan

I had probably a related experience. I left window in my 07 Accord down during a light shower. Windows would not work. I let it dry out over night and problem disappeared.

Removing the door panel is not hard, but use of a shop manual is recommended to avoid damaging the door panel. Suggest purchasing an emanual from ebay seller automanualsource for $21.99. I've purchased two from him and they are easy to use emanuals.

I looked at my 03-07 manual and it's slightly different than earlier models, but similar. All fasteners are re-usuable w/ care in removal.

You may have a damaged window run channel that is allowing water to get into window and cause problems. This does not mean car was wrecked, but it's possible.

good luck

Old 11-22-2011, 09:22 AM
Default Door Issues

Thanks for the 411 TXHonda. I did fail to mention, the door is warped some, the top sticks out away from the jamb about 1/8". That's where the water is coming in at. The door also rubs the fender when you open it and the hood isn't aligned properly. Also, there's paint overspray obscuring the pinstripes on the left side of the car. Yea, I think it was wrecked. I'll be getting those manuals. Thanks again.