General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

07 Honda Accord EX power door lock fuses

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2019, 08:32 PM
Newest Of Newbies
Default 07 Honda Accord EX power door lock fuses

Hello everybody.
I need to know what fuses run the power windows on the driver's door from the key outside. When I first got the car I could lock and unlock driver and passenger door at the same time by inserting the key in the Tumblr and turning key left or right. Power locks work from the inside of the car on the Masters drivers switch but do not work from the key Tumblr. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Old 08-14-2019, 09:43 PM
Super Moderator

Your threads have been moved from the DIY request section. Please do not post help threads there, as the forum rules for that section were changed quite awhile back. Generally, we do not respond in that section.

Old 08-14-2019, 09:51 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Can you tell me where they remove too so I know what to do how to find it when I get an answer thanks. Sorry if I posted in the wrong place

Old 08-14-2019, 10:15 PM
Super Moderator

All your threads were moved here, General Tech Help. You can view your all your threads/posts in your user profile, as well as other users threads/posts in their user profile.

Old 08-15-2019, 11:36 AM
Super Moderator

What you are describing is not a fuse issue.

The driver’s door lock switch is part of the door multiplex control unit (mcu). The door multiplex control unit is located within the power window master switch.

Inserting the key into the driver’s key cylinder switch and turning the key one time will unlock the driver’s door. Turning the key a second time will unlock all the doors. This is a multiplex controlled response.

What most likely has happened is that one or both respective ground wire that goes to the driver's door lock **** switch or the driver's door key cylinder switch is broken (open); mostly likely at the driver's door jamb due to more frequent use of that door.

You can inspect the wiring at the door jamb.

You can skip the following tests if you quickly find the break at the door jamb.

If you want to test and have a multi-meter, you can test the black ground wires 'for continuity to ground'; for the respective driver's key cylinder switch and the driver's door lock **** switch. -- You will have to remove the door panel if you want to test though.
  • Unplug the door lock key cylinder switch connector. On the disconnected harness side; with a multi-meter, insert one lead into the terminal cavity with the black wire. Touch the other end to chassis ground. There should be continuity. If not, then you have an open (break) in the black wire going to ground.
  • The driver's door lock **** switch is the 3-P connector on the door lock actuator. Disconnect the 3-P harness connector and insert one lead into the terminal cavity with the black wire. Touch the other end to chassis ground. There should be continuity. If not, then you have an open (break) in the black wire going to ground.

Old 08-16-2019, 05:21 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Thank you for all the information. Now I know what to look for.