General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

08 Honda accord blower motor won’t turn on

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2024, 05:21 PM
Super Moderator

Just want to understand your last post. Are only one of the large sockets getting power, or none? Does one of the small pins have power?

Old 03-11-2024, 08:44 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Originally Posted by PAhonda
Just want to understand your last post. Are only one of the large sockets getting power, or none? Does one of the small pins have power?

only one of the large sockets are getting power, the socket in the center is not, the one closer to the outside is, and neither of the small pins are getting any power either

Old 03-11-2024, 10:17 PM
Super Moderator

Your measurements for voltage are normal. Think of a relay as a light switch. The big pin with 12V gets switched on and sends power to the big pin without power. Instead of flipping the switch on, if the smaller pins have power on one pin and ground on the other pin, the big pin switch will turn on.

Sounds like the power of the large and small pins is good. If you try to measure voltage across the small pins, do you read 12V? Alternatively, you can connect your test light to the small 12V pin socket and the other small pin socket and see if the test light turns on.

Old 03-12-2024, 05:03 AM
Newest Of Newbies

I’ve noticed that randomly some mornings on the way to work my climate control unit will light up all the way and other mornings it won’t. I’ve included two pictures one from yesterday and one from today. I have not changed any wiring or even had it apart between these two photos either.

Old 03-12-2024, 05:15 AM
Newest Of Newbies

Also I just checked the voltage again, and small pin to small pin I get nothing, either of the small pins to the farthest big pin I get 12v, and then small pin to the closest big pin I get nothing, and obviously big pin to big pin I get nothing

Old 03-12-2024, 12:18 PM
Super Moderator

You post gets confusing as I'm not sure what pin had 12V when you used a good ground with the volt meter. I'm pretty sure the issue is on one of the small pins, but lets eliminate the large pins first.

WIth the key off, use a piece of wire or a thin paper clip to connect the large pin sockets in the relay socket together. Only do this on the large pins and not the small. This is what the relay does when commanded on. Turn the key to the II position and see if the blower runs and changes speed as you change the blower settings on the HVAC.

Old 03-12-2024, 06:10 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Yes jumping the big pin to big pin with a wire turns the blower on

Old 03-12-2024, 08:15 PM
Super Moderator

From your tests, the ground on the small pin is missing. That pin is grounded at G301 that is behind the driver's side front bumper. See #13 in the attached picture. Check that the ground is connected and not corroded. If suspect, unbolt and clean the eyelet and bolt with a wire brush or sandpaper and reconnect. If that ground is good, then there must be a break in the wire from the fuse box to G301. You'll have to trace the wire harness to see if it is rubbing against something in the engine bay.

Old 03-12-2024, 08:54 PM
Newest Of Newbies

So I cleaned the ground as it was really dirty, but no change. I traced the wire harness and could not find any damage. I even took the headlight off to check those wires and everything, traced the line back and there is no damage visibly at all. I don’t know where to go from here

Last edited by Tyguy32; 03-12-2024 at 09:01 PM.
Old 03-12-2024, 09:00 PM
Newest Of Newbies

I’m about to just wire an inline fuse and switch to my blower motor off a fuse tap on my inner fuse block, and recommendations on which on to use?

Quick Reply: 08 Honda accord blower motor won’t turn on