General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

09 accord ex-L (auto)engine not reving up

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2013, 06:43 PM
Default 09 accord ex-L (auto)engine not reving up

I was driving my 09 accord auto transmision, on a snowed road and got stuck. Shifted the gear to D3 and pressed on the gas but no luck. I noticed that while I was pressing the gas all the way down the engine was not revving up rpms went only to 1200. the tires were spinning in place and there was no traction.
Does this hint an issue or is it normal for the car to behave this was on snowed road.
thanks for your feedback

Old 02-10-2013, 06:52 PM
Super Moderator

What you're describing sounds like the VSA (Vehicle Stability Assist) being activated.

The following info. is partially from the owner's manual:

The system also includes a traction control function, it assists in maintaining traction while accelerating on loose or slippery road surfaces. It does this by regulating the engine’s output and by selectively applying the brakes. When VSA activates, you will see the VSA system indicator blink.

When VSA activates, you may notice that the engine does not respond to the accelerator in the same way it does at other times.

In certain unusual conditions when your vehicle gets stuck in shallow mud or fresh snow, it may be easier to free it with the VSA temporarily switched off. When the VSA system is off, the traction control system is also off. You should only attempt to free your vehicle with the VSA off if you are not able to free it when the VSA is on.