General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

'16 Accord Sport general questions

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2015, 08:00 AM
Default '16 Accord Sport general questions

1. How can I lower the windows with the regular key? I've read that its possible to hold the unlock button with the car off and they should lower... but I can't get it to work.

2. Is it possible to program the car to be able to use the extra key to lock and unlock the car while its running? In the morning I like to use the heat or AC or simply leave the car running at the gas station. Currently I have to manually use the extra key and lock/unlock the old fashion way.

3. The SVC setting works pretty well and increases the volume while driving faster but is it possible to have it work while not driving fast? In other words, have it work on high at all times, independent of driver speed.

4. Best to change oil when cars computer says to or at 3000 miles?

5. Any recommendations for replacement reverse bulbs? Current ones are way too dim. I changed out the headlights with perfect white HID's and its magnificent!

Old 11-29-2015, 10:41 AM

#1. Used to be, but not anymore
#2. Why would you leave the car running at a gas station?
#3. The Low, Mid and High setting is sound sensitivity. High sensitivity works even at slower vehicle speed, however it is less noticeable.
#4. New Accords come with 100% synthetic oil, Honda's computer factors the conditions under which the car is driven... Use the computer's recommendation. The only decision the owner needs to make is at what % level you wish to have the oil changed... Some owners change at 50%, others change at 15%. Your car, your choice

Old 12-01-2015, 06:40 PM

2. Not to fill with gas of course, but to keep the AC going when running into the store. (it can get hot down here in FL !)

3. Is it possible to have the CVS work at the highest capacity at all times?

4. I had no idea it came with synthetic oil out of the dealership. This is good to know!

Gracias prospector.

Old 12-01-2015, 10:53 PM

#3.. Yes, as far as I know. I keep mine on High at all times, as I mentioned above, this sets the sensitivity on High regardless of road speed

Audio is a matter of personal taste... try all three settings and deduce which best suites your ear

#4.. Comes with synthetic from Honda manufacturing

Old 12-03-2015, 10:04 AM

I suppose I wasn't clear with my question. I feel that with the SVC activated while driving at higher speeds, the volume is not JUST louder but the bass and treble are cranked up, helping the speakers sound much much better. IS IT possible to trick the SVC to amp up the sounds as if the loudest setting is on at all speeds and cabin noise.

Hope that was clear

Matt

Originally Posted by Prospector
#3.. Yes, as far as I know. I keep mine on High at all times, as I mentioned above, this sets the sensitivity on High regardless of road speed

Audio is a matter of personal taste... try all three settings and deduce which best suites your ear

#4.. Comes with synthetic from Honda manufacturing

Old 12-03-2015, 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by Mattc941
I suppose I wasn't clear with my question. I feel that with the SVC activated while driving at higher speeds, the volume is not JUST louder but the bass and treble are cranked up, helping the speakers sound much much better. IS IT possible to trick the SVC to amp up the sounds as if the loudest setting is on at all speeds and cabin noise.

Hope that was clear

Matt
Not to my knowledge