General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1987 Accord has a miss after it warms up..

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2007, 12:41 AM
chintonky
Unregistered
Default 1987 Accord has a miss after it warms up..

Hi,I'm new and in need of some help. I have a 1987 honda accord I just rebuilt the motor and hada valve jobanyway when the thing gets warmed up it has a miss when crusing down the road hard to explain just has a little bug jump to it and it's driveing me nuts!! Like I said it dosen't do it till it get's warmed up mabye 7 miles down the road or so. I've adjusted the valves twicechecked the timing changed the plugs, rotor button, distributor cap, coil, plug wires, andstill can't get rid of the problem!! It's the 2 barrel model any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!! Charlie.

Old 05-12-2007, 12:21 PM
Super Moderator : And A Texan
Default RE: 1987 Accord has a miss after it warms up..

There are numerous thermovalves that open vacuum lines when engine fully warms. Look for one of these loose or damaged.

A faulty or mis-installed EGR valve might be overleaning the engine when EGR valve opens at cruise.

If the problem is missing on acceleration, the accelerator pump may not be supplying enough fuel to allow engine to accelerate, and instead it overleans when you try to accelerate.

Check fuel level in carb and make sure its getting enough fuel.

An air leak in the intake manifold can cause this problem but idle would be affected badly also.

Are you losing any coolant? A faulty head gasket installation can allow coolant to enter cylinder and cause missing. This seems unlikely but possible.

Sometimes a carb rebuild is necessary to clear a problem such as this. There may be a partially blocked fuel passage.

good luck