General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1990 Honda Accord Coupe Questions?!

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2009, 04:32 PM
topazgirl
Unregistered
Default 1990 Honda Accord Coupe Questions?!

I need some help! I have a few questions and if anyone can help guide me on any of them I would be grateful.

#1. Why when I apply the brake does one of my front side marker lights also come on?

#2. Hazard lights light but do not flash, as well as turn signals.

#3. Speedometer sticks at 35 mph, tach seems to work fine. Gas and temperature gauges are not working. Where do I begin?

I am not the original owner and when I got the car it did not have the under dash fuse panel door on it; therefore, I have no diagram as to which fuse is which. I have a Chilton's, but it does not have it. If anyone can help me figure out my fuse locations that'd be extremely helpful.

Thanks so much!

Old 10-26-2009, 04:48 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome! I don't know all the answers but here goes...

#1)
Probably wires crossed between those 2 circuits. First thing I'd check is the brake lamp bulbs. The base of those 2-filament bulbs have 2 little nubs for the 2 circuits (one for taillamps & one for brakelamps). Check if they're in backwards. Check if the wrong bulb has been put into those sockets.

If that's no luck, then checking for crossed wires somewhere (anywhere) in the car is gonna be a real PITA.

#3)
Speedometer might have been a bad VSS (on the transmission) but since 2 other gauges are messing up, I'd suspect a flaky wiring connection on the back of the cluster.

Sign up for ahm-ownerlink.com (Honda's owner-link website) with your car's VIN. Look for an on-line version of the owner's manual. (But I don't know whether they do that as far back as 1990.) There's also links over in the DIY section for shop manuals.

Old 10-26-2009, 05:01 PM
Administrator
Lightbulb Hi Member

On your Hazard Lights, put in another Hazard Light Flasher..that should take care of the hazard light problem.

WheelBrokerAng

Old 10-26-2009, 06:54 PM
topazgirl
Unregistered

Wow! I wanted to quickly say thanks for giving me some direction, and I'll post back with my results. Thanks so much.

Old 10-28-2009, 04:06 PM
topazgirl
Unregistered
Red face 90 accord probs

Hello again,

Well I checked the brake light lamp to see if it was perhaps backwards, but it wasn't, it only goes in one way. I'm stumped!

And I am awaiting a Hanes manual, but was hoping maybe in the meantime someone could tell me the location of the flasher for my hazard/turn signals. It is really hard to see up under the dash where the panel is located.

I appreciate you guys helping me out.

Thanks again.