General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

1992 accord manual trasmission issues

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2011, 12:18 PM
Unhappy 1992 accord manual trasmission issues

ok so the clutch will only let me change gears when the car is off.when its on i can only put it into gear manually by forcing it past the grind..ouch...anyways just replaced the slave cylinder where you put fluid.when you in gauge the clutch u can see the arm move a little bit under the hood that's changing the gear but it still ain't working correctly ?????what the *****....any ideas oh and where the metal line goes in to tranny looks like its either broken underneath rubber slave but not sure if its just the rubber that gives that illusion because of how the tube bends i dunno im not a mechanic and i think i ****** up letting the tweaks down the street work on it .it don't seem to be leaking fluid anywhere.so im thinking its got a pressure leak somewhere that's not allowing the fluid to the hydraulic ...anyways help....

Old 07-13-2011, 04:33 PM

Did you bleed it after changing the slave cylinder ?

Old 07-13-2011, 04:43 PM

sounds like binded clutch cable.

now you say it wont let you shift when the car is on? when you press the clutch pedal does it disengage the clutch disc? say your stopped is there chatter? pulling like the car wants to continue forward?

how long has it been since you replpaced the clutch and pressure plate?

how does the clutch pedal feel? spongy or firm?

with it not letting you switch gears when the engine is running makes me think, the clutch is not disengaged completely or your pilot bearing may be seizing up and keeping the input shaft in motion when pressing in the clutch.

it could also be a bent clutch fork or like i said before kink in the clutch cable