General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

1996 Honda Accord 2.2L 4 Dr Sedan with manual transmission

  #1  
Old 11-20-2018, 08:23 PM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 1
Default 1996 Honda Accord 2.2L 4 Dr Sedan with manual transmission

Does anybody know if the front sheet metal (fenders & hood) on a 1996 Honda Accord 2.2L and the V6 model are interchangeable? Thanks
 
  #2  
Old 11-20-2018, 08:29 PM
shipo's Avatar
Super Moderator
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Southern New Hampshire
Posts: 2,444
Default

Originally Posted by Golfmeister_b View Post
Does anybody know if the front sheet metal (fenders & hood) on a 1996 Honda Accord 2.2L and the V6 model are interchangeable? Thanks
While I've never tried it, I have always been told the entire front clip of the Gen 5 Accords with V6 engines is longer than an otherwise identical 4-Cylinder Accord. I've heard this often enough I believe it to be true.

A quick way to check would be to call your local bone yard and ask; they have an interchange book which will answer the question once and for all.
 
  #3  
Old 11-22-2018, 04:42 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Kimball MI
Posts: 906
Default

I always thought the difference was between a coupe and a sedan. Not 4cyl, versus 6 cyl. Now the front subframe/engine cradle are 4 cyl/6 cylinder only.
 
  #4  
Old 11-22-2018, 05:53 PM
shipo's Avatar
Super Moderator
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Southern New Hampshire
Posts: 2,444
Default

Originally Posted by The Toecutter View Post
I always thought the difference was between a coupe and a sedan. Not 4cyl, versus 6 cyl. Now the front subframe/engine cradle are 4 cyl/6 cylinder only.
Like I wrote, I have always been told, but have never verified, the two front clips were different. With that said, I just looked up the outer front fenders of the two cars:

Year -- Engine -------- Model ------- Right Front Fender --- Left Front Fender
1997 4-Cylinder Accord Sedan EX -- 60211-SV4-508ZZ -- 60261-SV4-508ZZ
1997 6-Cylinder Accord Sedan EX -- 60211-SV7-A90ZZ -- 60212-SV4-000ZZ

The above seems to indicate the two front clips are in fact different.
 
  #5  
Old 11-23-2018, 04:57 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Kimball MI
Posts: 906
Default

Originally Posted by shipo View Post
Like I wrote, I have always been told, but have never verified, the two front clips were different. With that said, I just looked up the outer front fenders of the two cars:

Year -- Engine -------- Model ------- Right Front Fender --- Left Front Fender
1997 4-Cylinder Accord Sedan EX -- 60211-SV4-508ZZ -- 60261-SV4-508ZZ
1997 6-Cylinder Accord Sedan EX -- 60211-SV7-A90ZZ -- 60212-SV4-000ZZ

The above seems to indicate the two front clips are in fact different.
Ok, it's actually the 6th gen that uses a different front clip between the coupe and sedan. My mistake.
 
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
cliff
PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds
9
04-15-2013 02:27 PM
Gone
PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds
11
05-13-2012 10:06 AM
75aces
Engine & Internal
2
12-15-2010 02:46 AM
k1ngkev1n1
Audio/Visual Electronics
6
06-20-2010 02:40 AM
peterock29
PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds
1
08-03-2007 10:35 PM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 1996 Honda Accord 2.2L 4 Dr Sedan with manual transmission


Advertising

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.