General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1997 Accord SE 4cyl No Heat

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2011, 05:59 PM
Default 1997 Accord SE 4cyl No Heat

When I bought the car, it was in the dead of summer and it was HOT out. So I'm guessing the "heat" that came through when I tested it was just outside air.. lol.

The air conditioner both recirculating and intake mode work fine. It will freeze your doors off. I noticed today, I turned the AC down so it was not as cold and turned it all the way to hot and no hot air was coming through. I guess it is important to say that air was blowing through so I don't think it was the blower. The air coming through was also less cold, but nowhere near hot.

I know the thing is fine on coolant. Drained it all out and replaced it all when the timing belt / waterpump / 2 valves were fixed. The temp gauge never seems to go too far over a quarter under the half way point on the temp gauge. (Do accords run this cool? Might be another issue >.<)

Thanks Guys,
If this car was not free, I think I would have blowin it up with plutonium by now. Hey, its all there and drives!

Old 09-06-2011, 06:28 PM
Super Moderator

Check that the cable to the heater control valve is attached and moving, and this might seem strange but be sure the "****" isn't broken.

Old 09-07-2011, 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by poorman212
Check that the cable to the heater control valve is attached and moving, and this might seem strange but be sure the "****" isn't broken.
Thanks, I will check!

Old 09-07-2011, 11:49 AM
Super Moderator

If the **** is actually turning the shaft, but the cable isn't moving out at the heater hose valve....
Be aware that there's one cable going from the control panel down to the heater unit where it moves the air-mixing doors. There's a second cable from there out to the heater hose. Either one of the cables might be broken or disconnected.

They operate as push-pull cables so if something sticks, the cable might kink instead of pushing its lever.

Old 09-08-2011, 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by JimBlake
If the **** is actually turning the shaft, but the cable isn't moving out at the heater hose valve....
Be aware that there's one cable going from the control panel down to the heater unit where it moves the air-mixing doors. There's a second cable from there out to the heater hose. Either one of the cables might be broken or disconnected.

They operate as push-pull cables so if something sticks, the cable might kink instead of pushing its lever.
Thanks,

I'll see if I can locate both of them and see what is going on.