General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

1998 accord ex v6 bulbs

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2013, 09:02 AM
Default 1998 accord ex v6 bulbs

I'm trying to find what bulbs work on the clock light and the havc unit. The clock bulbs burnt out and about 4 of the havc too. Where's the best place to buy them and what once do I need. It's the auto havc unit. I wanted to get the bulbs before I open everything up so I can do it once. I'm not looking to go led or a different color just white/oem color.

thanks

Old 10-11-2013, 09:00 PM
Super Moderator

There is a youtube video on replacing the bulb on the clock. That is simple to access. I am not sure on the HVAC bulbs.

You may want to look at an OEM honda parts site like hondapartsnow.com or majestic honda to see if honda sells the HVAC bulbs, or if they are soldered into the unit.

Old 10-12-2013, 03:07 PM
Newest Of Newbies

I've had to replace mine recently. I'm sure you can get them at the dealer but I wanted to save money and found some of the same bulbs at RadioShack. I think the base the bulb sits in is a T3 neowedge size for the clock and the HAVC has T5. Some of the HVAC bulbs, I think the ones with the white base, have blue filter socks on them to give a more white look instead of yellow.

The ones I got at RadioShack were just the glass bulb with 2 metal wires coming out of the bottom of them. I had to unwrap the bulb wire from the old base/socket and warp the new bulb wire back on, it was very simple and easy to do. They are all just regular 12 volt bulbs, whatever fits will work.

Also the bulbs bases just unscrew to remove them from the circuit boards so they all can come out. For the HVAC unit I actually had to remove the back gray plastic piece because the bulbs wouldn't just fall out, I actually had to grab them and pull them out once I unscrewed them from the circuit board. Hope this helps, good luck.