General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1998 Headlight problems

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2005, 01:54 AM
joebine
Unregistered
Default 1998 Headlight problems

Hello,

I've been having problems with my headlights a lot in the last 2 years. I've burnt one of my original lights(dims) and burnt the PIAA's that replaced them. I also had Eurolights for brights and they were just replaced too...

Recently a new problem has started and this is the one that I really need help with.

- My brights don't always work.
- Sometimes just the driver side brights work
- Sometimes none of the brights work
- Sometimes all my lights work
- I've noticed that my daytime running lights(DRL) don't always work.
- When my DRL warning light on my dash is on, neither my DRL nor one or both of my brights work. (I know that the handbrake has to be down)

Already done:
- reversed the bulbs. The side that worked continued working even with the bulb from the side that didn't work. Can't be the bulbs then.
- played with the leaver to turn the lights on. I found that sometimes the DRL's would go on after turning the lights on and off many times. This could be fluke?
-checked all the fuses, relays... but will double check if you have a strong hunch on a specific fuse.

Possible causes?
-maybe my subwoofer? It's a really simple setup. Nothing fancy at all.
-something to do with my DRL's? How are they connected to my brights?

That's where I'm at right now. I took my car out tonight and all worked well. I hate intermittent problems!

That's it!

Any help would be great,

Joe