General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2000 Accord Crank no start....bad PCM?

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2012, 03:32 AM
Default 2000 Accord Crank no start....bad PCM?

I am working on my friends Accord that he recently bought. The car died the other day with no trouble codes. I tested and replaced the icm which was faulty but have since been unable to get it to run. It does turn over but no spark. The ignition coil is good and I installed a new one just to make sure. The cyp sensor also is ok as well as the pgm-fi main relay. I am using a Haynes manual to assist me with trouble shooting. While testing the cyp sensor the manual states that there should be no continuity from terminal to ground which from terminal to sensor there is not. I am unclear though if that means from terminal harness lead back to pcm also. In that direction it does go to ground. I've spoken to a dealership and they can only offer that I bring in the car for them to diagnose. I am not sure what else to check or look for. I do have voltage to the icm but it does not switch on and off like it should to generate spark like I have read and been told. This is a good icm as it was tested at Autozone right after testing the old faulty one. Any help would be great. The immobilizer "key" light does not light up as it should and yes the bulb works. Is there a way to bypass this for testing purposes and or test it to rule that out for the no start issue?

Old 12-28-2012, 10:25 PM
Former Sponsor

No if the immobilizer isn't being recognized by the car, it will stop it from starting. The whole point of the immobilizer is to keep the car from starting unless it is present(and working/being recognized by the car).

Did you ever check the battery levels?

Old 12-29-2012, 09:29 PM

Battery level is fine. This goes beyond the simple checks of power, spark or fuel. Something keeping the car from starting and the Haynes manual does not explain beyond the basic relays. This is where my troubleshooting stops. Without a detailed wire schematic and test readings I can't test the immobilizer or try to bypass for testing. someone has got to know how to do this.

Old 12-30-2012, 11:06 AM
Super Moderator

What is the "green key" light doing? Most of the time this system blocks fuel from the engine....not spark.

Is this a 4 or 6 cyl?

Attached Thumbnails 2000 Accord Crank no start....bad PCM?-6th-gen-immobilizer-light-description.jpg  
Old 12-31-2012, 04:43 AM

Green light is not lit nor does it blink.....and it is a good bulb. Something is inhibiting the ignition system from geneating a spark. All components to create spark work. It lies somewhere in the control/ brains of the system. 4 cyl v-tec. Had to take it to the dealership for them to solve.

Old 12-31-2012, 05:33 PM
Super Moderator

Well, let us know what they say...please?