General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2000 Honda Accord SE Transmission D1 D2

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2013, 11:00 PM
Exclamation 2000 Honda Accord SE Transmission D1 D2

Have a issue with the Transmission set @D4, so when driving normal out of a Stop, D1 thru D2 flutters or does not Shift smoothly between gears. But if I manually Shift D1 to D2 at 3000rpm this problem does not occur or into D3. When driving manually,all gears shift into each gear just fine? I have read about Honda Transmissions showing Signs of Wear(internal filter,intercooler undersized), but is this a Electronic Control problem ? Fluid level Good, drain plug did show some debri,presentl7 at 187,000 miles also. I am 2nd owner with all previous Honda Service Records, but records do not show any situations with transmission Shifts? need some feedback if any Accord drivers in this years what can be done before Overhaul Thanks for any feedback

Old 10-06-2013, 09:08 AM
Super Moderator : And A Texan

Is D4 light blinking? If yes, get the car scanned for Obd2 codes and post them.

good luck

Old 10-09-2013, 12:22 AM

No, D4 light is Not Blinking, believe from what I have read about Honda Accords and other models from '98 thru 2002 the Transmissions are showing wear from Intercooler undersized, internal Transmission Filter not replaceable (only Rebuild Time) of course Hi-mileage,inwhich Mine has, but No Codes are present, Just spent $95 at service Shop and received Notice that the Transmission has limit time left.. Pressured tested ports and clutches ect are worn.. found A transmission Shop to replace out Transmission (rebuilt honda Parts 2yr Warranty) new Torque converter, External AfterCooler added and External Filter Too around $1,700 is a clean car Visa Time

Old 10-09-2013, 09:05 AM

If car is in good shape otherwise, investment in trans rebuild may be worthwhile.

I would suggest some due diligence on trans repair shops to find a shop w/ a good rep. Check w/ auto parts suppliers, Angie's List, BBB for complaints not resolved, etc.

good luck

Old 10-15-2013, 11:33 PM

Thanks for reply TexasHonda, Going to visit my Dad in Florida early Nov. on the way I found on EBay a site that has,Rebuilt Transmission(In Stock) that uses Honda Replacement parts @ $995 in South Carolina, and will do labor@$550 xtra is new AfterCooler@$60 and add and external Tranny filter you can change, also Transmission comes with New Torque converter,they promise they Can do replacement same Day.. Anyway hopefully everything turns out, I did some investigating with BBB on them,all Clear so far A+ Transmission shops here in Jersey want $2,800 to $3,200 same Job. As long as the Honda makes it to South Carolina Shop,Visit my Pop and get a little vacation for about $1,600 bucs um Happy and take it from there. let U know

Old 10-21-2013, 07:36 AM

I've got exactly the same problem on my Accord (see signature). My mechanic says it might be the A/T solenoids and suggests "tweaking" them (remove, clean, reinstall) and, if that doesn't work, replacing them. Can anyone tell me which solenoid (A, B, C) controls the 1->2 shift? Also, is there a special tool required for removing and reinstalling them? If not, I may try to do this myself (I'm handy but some things are out of my reach).

mjand42, what's the name of the shop you found in South Carolina in case the worst case scenario plays out for me as well?

Old 10-21-2013, 11:32 AM

No special tools req'd, but get a Honda Shop Manual to guide your work. Check automanualsource.com for a good $22 download manual.

I looked at replacement and it doesn't appear difficult. However, I did not see any mention of inlet screens that some years have. That's about all that can be fixed (blocked screens). If you had an electrical problem, a code would be set identifying the electrical fault in solenoid.

good luck