General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

2004 Accord EX-L sedan problems..please help.

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2005, 03:28 PM
Default 2004 Accord EX-L sedan problems..please help.

hello, name's Sean.
i currently have a 2004 honda accord EX sedan 4 cylinder.
There are so much problems with my accord and it's only a year old.
I knew i should have bought the acura tsx,,, with the expense... but it's too late for that..
there are at least 5 problems with it..
1. There's an air leakage sound coming from the front passenger (right) side.... it's really annoying unless u turn on some music... this sound comes near where the side mirrors are... i can't feel any air coming in though..
2. And also... my trunk makes a funny sound... such as cranking. for about 3 times whenever the trunk is fully opened. but this sound only occurs a few times.
3. main problem...i experienced this problem several times..whenever i start the car.. i can hear a grinding noise coming from the left driver's air vent.. does it have anything to do with the spark plugs??
4. GRabbing noise from brakes when fully stopped. and also when releasing the brakes from fully stopped.
5. This i guess i can get it fixed from the dealer...my front doors make a creaking noise when fully opened or positioned in the middle.
6. My sunroof makes a annoying noise when closed. i pushed the sunroof (when closed) and it made the noise..i think it needs to be oiled up..

i went to the dealership several times...but they couldn't fix it...
i paid lots of money for nothing.
i thought my car was under warranty but they've taken some money..
-_- need help..

thanks. comments will be appreciated.

Old 07-06-2005, 03:46 PM
Default RE: 2004 Accord EX-L sedan problems..please help.

did u buy the car new? or was it used?

Old 07-07-2005, 03:49 AM

bought it as brand new... picked it up with 17kilometers on it ... (i live in Canada)

Old 07-13-2005, 01:23 AM

#1 most likely weather stripping in the door....
#2 try greasing/oiling things up...trunk springs(which hold the lid up) may be rubbing metal to metal
#3 would be your fuel pump most likely...its normal
#4 would most likely be, from the sounds of it, brake pads are shifting..they may have a shim kit for it but if they dont its most likely normal
#5 Lube em up with some WD-40
#6 use some grease on the tracks..either that or if its still under warranty ask them if they will do it...

Old 08-17-2005, 07:14 PM
rc727
Unregistered

the one I'd be most concerned with is the "air leakage" as there have been numerous problems with window sealing, and the dealers try to fix with sprays, changing rubber, etc.

The problem may be related to a more serious problem with some vehicles where there were insufficient welds / rigidity and the body flexes excessively.

You may also experience annoying rattles, and the dealer may try pumping in foam to cure these but that will have limited effect.

A friend had become convinced Honda was unable to fix these problems in the field and finally sold his Accord with 8000 miles, he just couldnt take it any longer.

This is especially upsetting in a car previously known for its quality and I hope Honda fixes it quick or Toyota is going to get richer, and that would be a shame as the Accord is great in every other respect.

Old 12-24-2005, 04:41 AM
jiangxuexi
Unregistered

problem number 4 is the same problem as 2003 accord, please refer to the post in 2003 accord braking noise, my car got the same annoying grinding noise when it first starts to drive in the morning. i hope we can work together to let honda know this is a serious problem and it has to be taken care of

Old 01-31-2007, 09:39 PM

Apparently my brake pads and rotors were worn out...so i had to replace them....$700 gone..omg..
the grabbing noise isn't frequent anymore.
Maybe the stock brakes weren't installed properly in the factory =S

Old 02-01-2007, 02:27 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

it is nice of you to come back and let us know ,, even if IT IS 1 year and 1/2 later .......

when you first wrote the post, your car was only 1 1/2 old ....and assuming it had less than 36k miles on it ...

I was going to suggest that you car was fully under HONDA warranty and everything should be covered ,, Dealer should have done EVERYTHING FREE of charge ..

if car had less than 36k miles and you paid money for any work .... YOU GOT ROBBED ...

Old 02-01-2007, 02:32 AM

ORIGINAL: deserthonda

it is nice of you to come back and let us know ,, even if IT IS 1 year and 1/2 later .......

when you first wrote the post, your car was only 1 1/2 old ....and assuming it had less than 36k miles on it ...

I was going to suggest that you car was fully under HONDA warranty and everything should be covered ,, Dealer should have done EVERYTHING FREE of charge ..

if car had less than 36k miles and you paid money for any work .... YOU GOT ROBBED ...

i agree when i bought my accord i had problems with it and it was cover on the warranty 36k or 3 years i believe