General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2006 Accord Auto Lock

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2007, 12:28 PM
tana_marie77
Unregistered
Default 2006 Accord Auto Lock

My husband thoughtfully disabled my autolock feature when I first got my accord. However, I LIKE this feature and want to re-enable it but cannot figure out how to do it. Can it be done?? Thanks in advance!

Old 01-03-2007, 01:45 PM
Default RE: 2006 Accord Auto Lock

I don't mean to be a wise **** but have you looked through the owner's manual? I didn't realize that any of them had auto lock.....I assume it locks the doors at a certain MPH?

Old 01-03-2007, 02:39 PM

Like RTexasF said I didn't think there was just a switch or anything to disable it. I'd look at the fuses perhaps there is one that controls that feature and he just removed it.... I would love to hear how it's done though please let us know if you figure it out!

Old 01-03-2007, 03:24 PM
tana_marie77
Unregistered

Its a process - you turn your key to the "II" position, then hold down the lock button, etc. You can do it in GM cars as well. We found some directions on how to do it but they don't work. And since it can be "done" I'm assuming it can be "undone." And I couldn't find it in the manual...thanks!

Old 01-03-2007, 03:38 PM

Here's a great article on re-programming your Key fob's.... I know this doesn't help you but it is good to know! I'm sorry I can't find it either... You could wait for a minute for others to post or try calling a dealership for instructions

Since it's common for Honda and Acura vehicles' remotes to loose their Keyless Entry codes (due to loss of battery power, etc.) I think this would be a helpful resource for Honda/Acura owners.

Here's a collection of instructions on how to reprogram your Keyless Entry remote transmitters for selected Honda/Acura cars.

The list starts with the applicable cars followed with programming instructions.

I'll post up more when i have time. If you need programming instruction to a vehicle not mentioned here, contact me thru PM, AIM or Yahoo! IM.

=========================

Applications:[ul][*]94 - 02 Honda Accord (all trims)[*]97 - 99 Acura CL (all trims/egines)[/ul]PROGRAMMING REMOTE TRANSMITTER
NOTE: Procedures must be performed within the stated time limits. Four
remote transmitters may be coded into system.[*]Turn ignition on. Within 1-4 seconds, press remote transmitter lock or unlock button while pointing transmitter toward keyless entry control unit. Turn ignition off within 1-4 seconds. Go to next step within 1-4 seconds.[*]To program another transmitter, repeat step 1). Four transmitters may be coded into keyless entry system. If more than 4 transmitters are coded, the first transmitter code will be erased. After all desired transmitters have been programmed, go to next step to verify system operation.[*]Within 15 seconds of programming final transmitter, press lock or unlock button. Verify that door locks operate and go to next step.[*]Check door lock operation using each transmitter. Turn ignition off and remove key. Remote transmitter codes are now stored in keyless entry system control unit. Reverify door lock operation.[/ol]
=========================

Applications:[ul][*]03 - 07 Honda Accord[*]03 - 06 Honda Element[*]01 - 05 Honda Civic[*]02 - 04 Acura RSX[*]2004 Acura TL[/ul]
TRANSMITTER PROGRAMMING
Storing transmitter codes: The codes of up to three transmitters can be stored into the keyless receiver unit memory. (If a fourth code is stored, the code which was input first will be erased.)

NOTE: It is important to maintain the time limits between the steps. Make sure
the doors, the hood and the tailgate are closed.[*]Turn the ignition switch ON (II).[*]Within 1 to 4 sec, press the transmitter lock or unlock button with the transmitter aimed at the keyless receiver in the power window master switch.[*]Within 1 to 4 sec, turn the ignition switch OFF.[*]Within 1 to 4 sec, turn the ignition switch ON (II).[*]Within 1 to 4 sec, press the transmitter lock or unlock button with the transmitter aimed at the keyless receiver in the power window master switch.[*]Within 1 to 4 sec, turn the ignition switch OFF.[*]Within 1 to 4 sec, turn the ignition switch ON (II).[*]Within 1 to 4 sec, press the transmitter lock or unlock button with the transmitter aimed at the keyless receiver in the power window master switch.[*]Within 1 to 4 sec, turn the ignition switch OFF.[*]Within 4 sec, turn the ignition switch ON (II).[*]Within 1 to 4 sec, press the transmitter lock or unlock button with the transmitter aimed at the keyless receiver in the power window master switch.[*]Confirm you can hear the sound of the door lock actuators within 1 to 4 sec, then push the transmitter lock or unlock button again, or the code will not be stored.[*]Within 10 sec, aim the transmitters (up to two additional ones) whose codes you want to store at the keyless receiver, and press the transmitter lock or unlock buttons. Confirm that you can hear the sound of the door lock actuators after each transmitter code is
stored.[*]Turn the ignition switch OFF, and pull out the key.[*]Confirm proper operation with the transmitters.[/ol]
===========================

Applications:[ul][*]96 - 00 Honda Civic[/ul]TRANSMITTER PROGRAMMING[*]Insert ignition key into ignition switch. Turn ignition switch to ON position. Within 10 seconds, press and hold valet switch for at least 5 seconds. See Fig. 1 . The sound of lock actuators turning to UNLOCK will be audible.[*]Within 10 seconds, press one of the transmitter buttons. The sound of lock actuators turning to UNLOCK will be audible.[*]Turn ignition switch to OFF position. After storing its code, ensure transmitter works properly by repeatedly pressing one of its buttons. System begins working after pressing any transmitter button 6 times.

NOTE: If radio tuner is ON, it will go off and come on again when programming procedure is completed.

NOTE: To program codes on more than one transmitter, repeat step 2) within 10 seconds for second transmitter.[/ol]

Old 08-31-2011, 08:28 PM

I know this was put out there 4 years ago. But, I was wondering like the others, when was your car autolocking? Mine has suddenly started doing this when the key is put in the ignition (in any of the ignition positions). I noticed this especially the other day when I had the key in the ignition and needed to step out of the car for a second. When I closed the drivers door, as I was walking away from the car, I heard all four doors locking. Unfortunately I was not at home. Fortunately, the person I was visiting had AAA and I was in my car a half hour later.