General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2007 Accord Boot Warning Light Always on

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2011, 04:34 AM
Default 2007 Accord Boot Warning Light Always on

I have a 2007 Accord Tourer and the dashboard boot warning light is always on (even when the boot is shut properly). This means that the lock button on the keyfob doesn't work as the car thinks the boot lid is open.

Oddly, if I turn the head lights on, then the boot warning light turns off (and therefore the keyfob works!).

I had a look around the boot lid and I couldn't see any obvious sensor. Anyone know where it is and if its likely to be this that's the problem? Why would turning the lights on affect the sensor?

Also I think the battery is on its way out (it only just starts the car on cold mornings) - could that cause the problem?

Thanks for any help.

Ian

Last edited by bigbeard; 03-04-2011 at 04:47 AM.
Old 03-04-2011, 07:34 AM
Super Moderator : And A Texan

Following is based on assumption that your Accord Tourer is similar to US model Accords.

There should be a gravity-actuated switch on the trunk (boot) lid.

Disconnect harness connector (3 wires) from switch and check switch contacts 2&3 (Middle & RH side contacts looking at switch connector) for continuity. They should show closed w/ trunk up.

Your problem suggests the switch remains closed w/ trunk closed when it should open. For the following you will need to dismount the switch from the trunk lid.

First try a generous shot of light lubricant spray (WD40, et al) and shake the switch vigorously for 1/2 a minute and check the contacts. You can simulate trunk closed/open w/ switch released. Sometimes things get stuck

If that doesn't work to cause the switch to work correctly, a new switch will be necessary.

good luck

Old 09-14-2021, 08:39 PM
Default I have the same issue, help!!

Hey, I am currently experiencing the exact same issue and driving me mad.
Did you end up fixing it it, and if so.. what was the issue?

Old 09-14-2021, 09:05 PM
Super Moderator

Did you try the suggestions by TexasHonda?

Old 09-14-2021, 09:11 PM

No I haven’t tried that, only because I have had the mechanism out and the switch is a rotating one not gravity operated. I’ve worked it by hand and the light on dash comes on and off as it should

Old 09-15-2021, 04:21 AM

Originally Posted by 64tina
Hey, I am currently experiencing the exact same issue and driving me mad.
Did you end up fixing it it, and if so.. what was the issue?
That was a while ago! With that car I had a water leak into the boot area on the left from underneath. The water was getting in and sloshing around the left hand side of the boot in an area on the left of the spare wheel well (not actually in the spare wheel well, in a smaller well near the rear light cluster). It was getting into the rear light cluster wiring which caused a number of odd electrical gremlins.

When I dried it out and sealed the hole it was fine.

Old 09-15-2021, 04:47 AM

Hmm ok I will definitely look into that seeing as the symptoms you had are exactly the same as what I am having… fingers crossed