General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2007 Accord Brake Problem

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2013, 07:49 PM
Default Did this ever get resolved?

Hi, I'm having the EXACT same problem (07 4cyl accord). The brake feels normal, but when backing out of the garage, it just doesn't work. After a few minutes of driving it seems to be better - however, I'd like to know that it's not going to give out when I need it the most.

I know that I'm resurrecting an old post, but I haven't found anything else on the web that describes this exact problem.

Old 04-08-2013, 08:49 PM
Super Moderator

Unfortunately he never came back to tell us the end of the story.

Have you checked out the things that were suggested?

Old 04-10-2013, 09:55 AM

Thanks for the reply,

I went to the Honda Dealership, but by the time that I got there, the car had warmed up and the problem couldn't be duplicated. The tech was very nice anyway, and took it for a spin, all the while explaining what it could be. He said that he was 70% sure that it was a check valve (JimBlake's suggestion) that was bad. He showed me the hose that contained the check valve and suggested that I get that changed out since that is way easier than changing out the brake boost and MC. I'm going to be going to Honda after work today to get the hose and install it tonight.

I'll let you all know how it goes.

Old 04-10-2013, 10:23 AM
Super Moderator

looks like a defective check valve is probably the culprit...if it leaks down during the night, the booster won't have enough umfff to actuate the calipers. i'd be curious to see if your replacement valve/hose assy. fixes it.

Old 04-10-2013, 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by JimBlake
Unfortunately he never came back to tell us the end of the story.
Hey guys. I haven't been back on here in a long time because we traded the Accord for a Pilot a little over a year ago. We were never able to find a cause for the problem we were having. The dealership checked it out and couldn't find anything wrong. We found that if we let the car idle for 30 to 60 seconds before the first drive of the day, the problem didn't occur. Sorry I can't offer more help than that!

Old 04-10-2013, 11:43 AM
Super Moderator

Well, then I DO want to thank you for coming back with the explanation. Hope your Pilot is doing well.

Old 04-11-2013, 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by wa2be
Hey guys. I haven't been back on here in a long time because we traded the Accord for a Pilot a little over a year ago. We were never able to find a cause for the problem we were having. The dealership checked it out and couldn't find anything wrong. We found that if we let the car idle for 30 to 60 seconds before the first drive of the day, the problem didn't occur. Sorry I can't offer more help than that!
Thanks for coming back. I actually just got a pilot, but didn't know about this issue until after we purchased it (If I had, we probably would have kept the other car, and traded in the accord). Could you tell me what the dealership did try? Did they replace the hoses, MC, and Brake boost? If the hoses don't fix the problem (still waiting on them to ship in), I'll likely be looking at a $600 replacement of the MC and Brake Boost. If did already try those things, and that replacement didn't work for you, I'll start looking for a replacement vehicle instead.

Old 04-11-2013, 08:46 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Originally Posted by stalbot
Thanks for coming back. I actually just got a pilot, but didn't know about this issue until after we purchased it (If I had, we probably would have kept the other car, and traded in the accord). Could you tell me what the dealership did try? Did they replace the hoses, MC, and Brake boost? If the hoses don't fix the problem (still waiting on them to ship in), I'll likely be looking at a $600 replacement of the MC and Brake Boost. If did already try those things, and that replacement didn't work for you, I'll start looking for a replacement vehicle instead.

When you first back out can you hear the ABS buzz sound running a self test? Turn the radio, etc. off and listen for the ABS quick buzzing noise running a self test coming from the front passenger side.