General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

2007 Honda Accord LX Homelink install

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2019, 10:47 PM
Default 2007 Honda Accord LX Homelink install

Hello,
So I just got a 2007 Honda Accord and would like to install a homelink enabled overhead console. I bought one off ebay and went to install it and realized that the lights and the homelink are on two different power sources and my accord only has the plug for the lights. So I got some questions. Can I just split the power off the lights? Also I tried finding a wiring diagram for the homelink unit but was unable to find it. Anyone have a wiring diagram for it? Attached are pictures of the unit and the pigtail connector that goes into the homelink unit.
Thank you,
Ben

Old 07-20-2019, 10:52 AM
Super Moderator

I can't find a wiring diagram in my 03-06 shop manual.

I found this DIY on the web. Just make sure that your current wiring looks the same as the CRZ.

https://www.crzforum.com/threads/diy...cr-z-ex.10452/

Old 07-20-2019, 06:52 PM
Super Moderator

1 RED (Illumination (negative) circuit) - (Ambient light feature; not required for Homelink to function) - For this to work, needs to be tied into illumination RED wire circuit.

2 GRN (Individual map lights switch OFF input) – (Map Light Flash Control. Runs from Homelink connector to Map Light connector (3P connector). – LX Map Light 3P connector only has one wire (WHT/BLU) at terminal no. 1; but, no GRN wire at terminal no. 3). This may be needed; but, possibly not if Grn/Red (3) wire is not connected?

3 GRN/RED (Ceiling light switch DOOR input) – (LX doesn’t have this feature. If you want this feature at the map lights, have to tap into Grn/Red wire from ceiling light)

4 RED/BLK (Illumination (positive) circuit) – (Ambient light feature; not required for Homelink to function) – For this to work, needs to be tied into illumination RED/BLK wire circuit.

5 BLK: Ground for Homelink

6 WHT/BLU: Under-Dash Fuse No. 6 – Always Hot power for both map lights and Homelink

7 EX-L: Navigation: BLU (Navigation system) MIC (-) (N/A for LX)

8 EX-L: Navigation: PNK (Navigation system) MIC (+) (N/A for LX)

Note: Will need to supply ground via Blk wire (5) to the Homelink unit. Ground for map lights comes from unit’s metal base touching roof metal.

Additional Note: If you have a newer garage door opener, it may not work with that Homelink transmitter. Newer opener security does not work with older Homelink controller, unless a Homelink compatibility bridge is added near your garage door opener.