General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2007 honda accord need help ignition not recognizing key

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2014, 09:26 PM
Default 2007 honda accord need help ignition not recognizing key

Hi Guys,

I’m new to the forum here and have been led here by what appears to me to be a very complexed problem in my opinion. With that being said first let me provide the specs; 2007 Honda Accord LX SE 4D Sedan, 2.4 Vtech with 132,259 mi. I test drove and purchased the car from a well known car dealer in my city, my mechanic inspected the vehicle. Vehicle rides great everything works great…(no problems at all).

I drove the car for 2 days and no issues. I took the car to a professional car alarm installation shop who has installed aftermarket alarms on my 1992 Honda Accord and my 2002 Honda Accord with no problems.

The alarm shop installs the Viper 3305 2-Way Responder with keyless entry. After the installation is finished alarm works great but now my ignition does not recognize the original key transponder. Therefore my car will not start and the alarm shop has had my vehicle for 2 days trying to figure out what went wrong. They state that its nothing that they did wrong because the have done this installation 100s of times.

I disagree! Because the vehicle ran fine and started with no problem until they installed the aftermarket alarm. I would appreciate any thoughts, advice, input, suggesting.

At this point I’m without my car and don’t see this heading in a positive direction.

Thank you in advance…..

Old 04-30-2014, 10:01 PM
Super Moderator

Your post have been moved to a new thread, as your post was unrelated to the thread where it was at.

If it is not due to a weak car battery, the car's Immobilizer system will have to be reprogrammed to recognize the keys. Generally, will require the car be reprogrammed by the dealer.

Old 05-02-2014, 05:37 AM

The car is currently at the Honda dealer and they called today and said they need it another full day to diagnose it. I thought since they have the scanners to diagnose that this is something that wouldn't take that long. If they have to reprogram the immobilizer is this costly?