General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2009 accord 6spd. whine noise

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2019, 05:03 AM
Default I have just bought a 2008 Honda Euro 6 speed manual and just as you said

hi there I have just bought a 2008 Honda euro and I have noticed the noise too. I changed the tyres but it's still there. Sounds like the same thing you have. Not sure what it is
Originally Posted by pennsylvaniaron
thanks for the replies. Moderator, yes noises are hard to diagnose in a forum. but if you read my text carefully you would understand this has nothing to do with tires or brakes. I didnt mention I have 5,000 miles on the vehicle and this has been doing this since the beginning with no increase or decrease in the sound.

Again, you must have a near silent cabin. when going 55+ and you give it a steady gas you'll hear it, then just let off the gas enough that the sound goes away and then give it gas again and the sound re-appears. Make sure you don't floor it or give it too much on the pedal. Just enough pressure on the pedal and just enough off till you're not giving her any gas.

Personally I think that its the nature of the beast and thats what is bothering me. A $30k car, especially a Honda, with a reputation for quality et al has this in my opinion, FAULT. Thank goodness its not that noticable and I will admit, noises bug me more than most. Hopefully others with the 6spd will chime in. In the meantime I'll be calling Honda in CA. regards...

Old 07-05-2019, 12:56 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Originally Posted by Sharon Elizabeth Stamper
hi there I have just bought a 2008 Honda euro and I have noticed the noise too. I changed the tyres but it's still there. Sounds like the same thing you have. Not sure what it is
If I remember right, there's a TSB for 3rd gear on 6 speed transmissions. Don't know if it would apply to what you're hearing, but it is for 2007 thru 2009 Hondas with 6 speed transmissions. Might be worth checking into.

Old 07-05-2019, 01:46 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Originally Posted by Sharon Elizabeth Stamper
hello I have taken care of "MY" issue years ago. There were a certain number of 2009 (dont know about '08, but I would say YES) that the RING gear and COUNTERSHAFT were improperly machined from the factory. We are talking about the 6spd manual transmission which came as an option in the 6 cyl. engine those years. My WHINE got progressively worse as time and miles went on. Honda parent company was absolutely useless and tried to protect every dealership that gave me excuses while the car was still under warranty. I sued Honda and won the case. While the suit was pending my lawyer advised me to go to a 4th dealership and get another refusal. However this dealership (clinton honda) in NJ said they could fix the issue. To keep this story short and believe me its very long, final results were Clinton honda did the repair under warranty (3 other dealerships IMHO did not know how to repair it). I sued and won $4500 (I got $1500). I wrote a long drawn out letter to Honda in Torrance, CA. They called me and offered me $400 in service/supplies which I used at Clinton to buy cases of oil for my car (I do my own oil changes). I still own the vehicle 55,000 miles and love it.
I have attached a PDF of my invoice with all the parts that were used. Hope it helps...

Attached Files
File Type: pdf