General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2009 EX-L / Trunk stuck OPEN, Fuel door unresponsive

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2018, 07:51 AM
Exclamation 2009 EX-L / Trunk stuck OPEN, Fuel door unresponsive

For whatever reason my trunk/fuel door latch has become completely unresponsive. The latch still pulls up and pushes down, so it doesn't seem as if there's anything obstructing it. After using it to open my trunk it will no longer allow my trunk to close as well as my fuel door to open whatsoever, What do I do??

Old 12-10-2018, 07:46 PM
Super Moderator

Look carefully around/under that lever (#15), for anything obstructing its motion. Floormats shoved under the lever?

It looks like there's only 1 cable attached to that lever. The lever pulls the cable for the trunk, pushes it for the fuel. Maybe the cable has disconnected from the lever, and stuck in the position of being "pulled". That way the trunk latch cannot close, and the lever can't push to open the fuel door.

It might not be as simple as connecting the cable. Anywhere along the cable, it might be kinked or pinched under something. Have you removed your drivers seat lately? Pinch the cable when bolting it back together? Otherwise, look in the trunk for the cable attached somehow to the left-side hinge of the trunk lid. Opening & closing the trunk flexes the cable, maybe it get hooked around something?

#14 in the picture shows how the cable branches to the fuel door & the trunk. Something screwed up around that area?