General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2012 Accord Coupe driver's seat

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2012, 03:11 PM
Default 2012 Accord Coupe driver's seat

Hi everyone,
Yesterday I put a small refundable down payment on a 2012 Accord Coupe v6. I'm giving myself until Monday to decide whether I will commit to the deal or not.

I've read about two negative details on the car so far. First, that the car has loud road noise. I did not notice this during the test drive, and it is not a big issue for me, but I wanted to know how you guys felt.

Second, that during drives exceeding 15-30 minutes the driver's seat becomes severely uncomfortable. This is the problem that really concerns me. There are a lot of people on review sites complaining about this problem. I was wondering what the general opinion of this forum was on this issue.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Old 05-13-2012, 04:51 PM
Default Just my .02

After being a car salesman(toyota) for 3 years, I know all to well about not really testing the car out, so I would say
1) Take the car on a really nice long test drive, the dealership I worked at sometimes would let customers sign a borrowed car agreement to drive the car WITHOUT a salesman for 3-4 hours.
2) Road noise is greatly affected by the tires, If it has some really plush Michelins on it then there are other things to consider, take a look into getting the undercoating, we bought a new car and test drove one with and without the undercoating and it did make a difference.
3) Also wanted to add; Call around your local upholstery shops, see how much it would cost to replace the seat cushion material with something that feels better to you, then if the dealership really wants to sell the car, and you really want to buy it but the seat is a deal breaker, get them to discount the price to replace the cushion, or have the deal be contingent upon it being replaced. Believe me they are making plenty of money on the deal that it doesn't hurt them a bit.

Good Luck! Let us know how it all comes out!

Last edited by GoneHonda; 05-13-2012 at 04:56 PM. Reason: Added info