General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

2012 Accord headlights always on

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2015, 11:15 PM
Default 2012 Accord headlights always on

I bought a 2012 Accord 4 door and since I purchased it I can't figure out how to turn the headlights off. They only come on when I start the car but it's really annoying, especially during the day when it's very bright out. Once the car is on, they don't shut off. Does anyone know how to turn these off? I've looked in the owners manual and see nothing. There isn't s button of any sort except to turn lights on. I would be very appreciative if someone could tell me how to get these darn lights off. Thank you.

Old 03-22-2015, 12:30 PM
Super Moderator

Auto lighting
If your Accord is equipped with the automatic lighting feature, you can turn the auto feature off at the headlight controls. Just turn it to OFF. When you want to turn on the headlights manually, turn it to the headlight symbol instead of AUTO.

DRL (different then auto lighting feature)
Whether the car is equipped with the automatic lighting feature or not, it still has daytime running lights (drl) . The DRL is on if the headlights are off.

DRL is different from the automatic lighting feature. The DRL operates with the ignition switch ON (II), the headlights off (headlight switch OFF or in the parking position), and the parking brake released. The 8th gen Accords use the high beam bulbs at a lower power as the daytime running light. Once the low beam headlights come on, those go off.

Attached Thumbnails 2012 Accord headlights always on-auto-lighting-1.jpg   2012 Accord headlights always on-auto-lighting-2.jpg