General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2012 Honda Paint Trouble

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2011, 03:48 PM
Default 2012 Honda Paint Trouble

I have a 2012 Honda Accord EX-l V6, 2 door coupe with 2000 miles, and my car has been in the shop three times to repair the chipped paint on the driver's side rear quarter panel caused by the tail light lens rubbing against the paint. The first two times they just repaired the spot where the lens was rubbing and realigned the lens. The passenger side came out great but they cannot get the drive's side fixed right.

The third time they brought the car to a different body shop and the paint is worse than ever, in addition to other problems. They said they cannot blend the clear-coat so they would have to reapply the clear-coat to the entire quarter panel. This time they did not prepare the base-coat properly prior to applying the clear-coat and there are finger prints along the entire driver's side quarter panel underneath the clear coat, which cannot be removed. they scratched the driver's side window, left the drip side molding assemble loose on top of the car, which they had to remove to refinish, and they did not replace the door sill protective tape which they took off during the repair.

I don't know what else to do. I should have left the car the way it was.

Any ideas or suggestions>

Thank you for your advice.