General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2013 4 cyl Sport Issues: Flickering headlights,Tiire pressure and Jumpy CVT

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2013, 03:14 PM
Default 2013 4 cyl Sport Issues: Flickering headlights,Tiire pressure and Jumpy CVT

Hi All,

Just joined and have owned my Sport for closing in on 6months. My 3rd Honda, and the new styling, ride and cost led me hereagain. I have been very happy with mostof it, but do have some issues.
Flickering Headlights: The headlights go dim for a few seconds at random times while driving atnight. Similar to what you would expectif the alternator is not working properly as I can make it happen by turning onAC, or other power related functions. Dealership said this was a known issue and sent me packing with no resolution.

Tire Pressure indicator will not stay off. All was perfect until we rotated thetires. After the rotation, we almost immediatelynoticed the issue. Even with tirepressure perfect/identical across all wheels it stays on. The dealer reset it the first time indicatingour pressure was off by a pound. Droveabout 60 miles and it came back on. Dealer now took off all wheels, looked for leaks in wheel/tires and saidonce again they were off in pressure. Drove about another 60 miles and happened again. On this trip they “rebooted the computer” withthe light surprisingly returning again at about 100 miles. I have performed some research online, andnoticed just about everyone with this issue had an event where the original wheelswere removed from the car, be it rotation, flat tire, upgrade to new wheels,etc. So, my thought is there must besomething to the wheels being removed…

Jumpy CVT: At first Ipraised this as it is incredibly smooth and you just can’t tell when itswitches gears. I have since noticedthat when you apply a little bit of gas, usually from a stop, it is jumpy,almost pulls up to about 40MPH. Again,perfect when driving a normal slow start, but if you add a bit of gas (not alot), it does tend to be jumpy. I havenot talked to the dealer about this, but will soon…

Anyway, wanted to post as to see how many have issues andwhat they recognize. Two of these thedealer has already told me they don’t know what to do, and I am 100% sure theCVT will prompt the same response. Stillwill take it in, but want to see if there may be some leads here.

Thanks all!

Old 11-08-2013, 09:09 PM
Default Same Problem Here

Hi,
I have the same car as you 2013 Accord Sport.

I did notice the problem with the dimming lights. I googled it and it brought me here to your article. I am having the same issues with the lights I thought my alternator was going bad. I also found a website which explains why this happens. Most Honda's have a device that will set the alternator on high output or low output depending on the demand of power. When it is in low output is when the dimming occurs. So, thats is supposed to be "Normal", I have HIDs and I thought my ballasts were going bad but no it is the way the car manage its power output.

With the tire pressure sensor I had the same problem when I had a flat tire. The only way I fixed this was by checking my tire pressure early in the morning before moving the car. This is the best time to check the pressure, and then I'd reset the Sensor and the problem went away. It has been months now without that light coming on.

Hope this help you!