General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2013 Accord service intervals

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2013, 07:40 AM
Default 2013 Accord service intervals

I've looked through all my handbooks and cannot find a recommended service interval/mileage chart.

Old 01-05-2013, 08:00 AM
Super Moderator : And A Texan

There is none. The Multiplex Integrated Control System keeps up w/ mileage and driving conditions to adjust the maintenance cycle time. It will flash a warning of pending maintennance due and give a code to the req'd maintenance tasks. That's way it worked on 2003-2007 and likely yours as well. Read owner's manual carefully.

good luck

Old 01-05-2013, 08:44 AM

I'd just like to know what the recommended service intervals are for transmission fluid, coolant, brake fluid, etc. I do all my own maintenance, and always have. I also want to know how to reset the computer when the maintenance has been completed. It's kinda dumb to have to read a code to find out what's required. Just another way for the stealerships to get their hands on your wallet.

Old 01-05-2013, 10:25 AM
Super Moderator : And A Texan

Code should be fully explained in owner's manual.

To get a shop manual, go to helminc.com and search for your vehicle. It will likley cost $100 or more, but is essential to DIY. A Haynes may be available, but is a poor substitute IMO. I checked and helm inc manual was not available. Check owner's manual for an order form.

good luck

Old 01-06-2013, 11:59 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Wesayso
I'd just like to know what the recommended service intervals are for transmission fluid, coolant, brake fluid, etc. I do all my own maintenance, and always have. I also want to know how to reset the computer when the maintenance has been completed. It's kinda dumb to have to read a code to find out what's required. Just another way for the stealerships to get their hands on your wallet.
Replacement of brake fluid should be every 3 years, it is a maintenance item independent of the Maintenance Minder system.

Although the Maintenance Minder does have a service code for transmission fluid (service code B3), I would recommend changing it sooner than when it shows on the Maintenance Minder. I recommend you pick an interval yourself, say for example, every 30,000 miles, etc.

Irregardless of the Maintenance Minder, you will still need to check proper fluid levels, as it cannot tell the fluid levels.

The Maintenance Minder information is stored in the ECM/PCM (car’s computer) and in the gauge control module (instrument gauge unit). The ECM/PCM calculates and keeps track of the oil life, while the gauge control module handles the service items.

You can reset the Maintenance Minder, it is shown in the owner's manual. Depending on whether your Accord model trim has the information display or the multi-information display, the display reset instructions are slightly different.

See this thread regarding the Maintenance Minder system. However, also refer to your owner's manual for updated info. as it applies to your car.

https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/for...34/#post307251

Old 01-06-2013, 12:19 PM
Super Moderator

I found the schedule for maintenance items in the warranty/service booklet, not the actual owner's manual. It lists all the items that correspond to the sub-codes (1,2,3,4) that appear along with some kind of estimate of the miles when they would normally appear. That was for 2007 Civic, but its probably in the same booklet for Accords.

Old 01-06-2013, 01:08 PM
Super Moderator

The Maintenance Minder information should be part of the owner's manual and warranty/service booklet. I've been seeing that info. in the 7th gen (Maintenance Minder added to Accords for 2006 models), 8th gen, and 9th gen Accords in the owner's manuals. There's only been a few variations to the Maintenance Minder system info. in the link at my previous post.

Old 01-09-2013, 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by redbull-1
Replacement of brake fluid should be every 3 years, it is a maintenance item independent of the Maintenance Minder system.

Although the Maintenance Minder does have a service code for transmission fluid (service code B3), I would recommend changing it sooner than when it shows on the Maintenance Minder. I recommend you pick an interval yourself, say for example, every 30,000 miles, etc.

Irregardless of the Maintenance Minder, you will still need to check proper fluid levels, as it cannot tell the fluid levels.

The Maintenance Minder information is stored in the ECM/PCM (car’s computer) and in the gauge control module (instrument gauge unit). The ECM/PCM calculates and keeps track of the oil life, while the gauge control module handles the service items.

You can reset the Maintenance Minder, it is shown in the owner's manual. Depending on whether your Accord model trim has the information display or the multi-information display, the display reset instructions are slightly different.

See this thread regarding the Maintenance Minder system. However, also refer to your owner's manual for updated info. as it applies to your car.

https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/for...34/#post307251
Originally Posted by JimBlake
I found the schedule for maintenance items in the warranty/service booklet, not the actual owner's manual. It lists all the items that correspond to the sub-codes (1,2,3,4) that appear along with some kind of estimate of the miles when they would normally appear. That was for 2007 Civic, but its probably in the same booklet for Accords.
Thanks.