General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 Accord Sport Brake Issue

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2014, 11:17 AM
Default 2014 Accord Sport Brake Issue

After reviewing the brake pad conversations, I didn't see anything that pertained to my issue specifically.

I have a 2014 Accord Sport, no issues this year except for the brakes. I think I am a fairly slower driver with safety on the brain over speed but my brake pads and rotors have had to resurfaced 3 times this year. I'm definitely not speed racing or showing out, just driving about 250 miles a week on the interstate.

I'm not interested in having a specific technology but would like to replace the rotors and pads if need be with something more long term reliable. Brembo seem to be the high end choice but I would like some opinions on long term rotors and pads that reduce warped rotors.

I want smooth stops with long term braking.

Old 10-11-2014, 12:32 PM
Super Moderator
Old 10-15-2014, 11:34 AM
Default 2014 Accord Sport Rotor Replacement

Went to the dealership for the 3rd time in 6 months about the vibration in the rotors, they don't want to resurface again. I asked for a quality replacement and they recommended BOSCH Quietcast rotors at 74.56 (fairly high compared to O'Reillys) people don't have good reviews on these.

I've looked at the previous posts for rotor replacement. I'm having difficulty finding a quality replacement. The BREMBO seem to be recommended but that is too expensive. I don't drive hard or fast, just a moderate driver with highway miles. I need something that will last, slotted/drilled/ceramic it doesn't matter as long as it will last without regular maintenance.

Old 01-02-2015, 06:23 AM

I also have a 2014 accord sport and have the same issues with the brakes. They warped not long after purchasing the vehicle. I haven't brought it back yet but after reading this, may just go ahead and upgrade the pads and rotors. This is the ONLY complaint i have about the car, we slap LOVE it. I have noticed with other vehicles that if you hit the drive through car washes, you will most likely end up with warped rotors. I'm assuming it is simply a hot rotor being rapidly cooled when sprayed with water. I've also been told that if the lugs are not torqued properly it will cause warping issues...I'm not sold on that one but i guess anything is possible. I'm more leaning towards OEM rotors and pads provided by the lowest bidder. Let me know if the upgrade helps. I may go with the same ones if so.