General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2015 Honda Accord 6sp Hill Assist feature - disable

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2016, 10:30 AM
Default 2015 Honda Accord 6sp Hill Assist feature - disable

I have been driving a manual transmission Accord for the last 25 years. I purchased a 2015 Accord sport 6sp manual car this past Oct. It has a feature that is really pretty neat.

It contains a feature that while stopped...holds the breaks for a second or two which allows you to not roll back while on a hill as your are attempting to get started.

I have driven a stick shift Accord long enough that this feature, although neat and cool, is cumbersome for me.

Does anyone know how to get into the computer and disable this feature. With the quantity of computers contained in the cars being manufactured now-a-days...I am sure it is possible.

For example...our high efficiency washer....there are times when the clothes do not spin out enough. I contacted Siemens and inquired about being able to use just the spin cycle and was told that there isn't a way to do so. A few weeks after that phone call, we had a service tech visit for an issue with the machine not draining all the water out of the drum. As he was doing his work, he put the washer in a "Diagnostic Mode" and was able to make the washer go through a spin cycle. He showed me how to put the unit in diagnostic mode. NOW....I know how to do so when ever we need to. I imagine that most of the features on cars manufactured now-a-days are configurable by the dealership (at least for diagnostic purposes).

I have called the dealership and asked about this but got the canned answer..."nope....you can't turn this feature off".

So, does anyone know how to disable this feature?

Thanks
KS from GA