General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

85 accord emission delete help

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2012, 07:08 PM
Default 85 accord emission delete help

Head gasket blew up on my 1985 Accord at 330000 miles. its the 1.8 carb engine and i want to delete the emissions stuff since we have no laws on it here. I have seen pics online of my exact same car with all the emissions stuff gone, and i love how clean and roomy the engine bay looks afterwards. Problem is, i dont know exactly what i'm doing, and a couple Honda guys i know say its pretty straight forward, you just take everything off since we are also doing an EGR delete. But, it does have vacuum advance for the distributor, so i'm curious as how to set that up properly in the end. Oh, and if it comes down to it in the end, i dont care if this delete eliminates my cruise control.

Old 11-13-2012, 05:56 PM
Super Moderator

You'll want to find the "source" for the dist, also I'm pretty sure the OE carb has vac for the secondary....can't remember.

Old 11-13-2012, 06:13 PM
Administrator
Question Hello Cody

Originally Posted by Cody Plocher
Head gasket blew up on my 1985 Accord at 330000 miles. its the 1.8 carb engine and i want to delete the emissions stuff since we have no laws on it here. I have seen pics online of my exact same car with all the emissions stuff gone, and i love how clean and roomy the engine bay looks afterwards. Problem is, i dont know exactly what i'm doing, and a couple Honda guys i know say its pretty straight forward, you just take everything off since we are also doing an EGR delete. But, it does have vacuum advance for the distributor, so i'm curious as how to set that up properly in the end. Oh, and if it comes down to it in the end, i dont care if this delete eliminates my cruise control.
Are you going to to running this car on the street or the drag strip.?
And also , what state don't you have emmission laws in..California.?

WheelBrokerAng

Old 11-18-2012, 05:10 PM

well, we dont have emissions checking. my city doesnt give a crap. I have the engine all torn down. and we have capped everything we know we dont need, like the egr. and i also found that the distributor has two vacuum lines, and i was wondering if there was any special way to hook that up, and what else i need to absolutely have vacuum wise, im deleting everything that goes into those ridiculous canisters.

Old 11-19-2012, 07:29 PM
Super Moderator

ok, this is the part where I'm too old. The two vac lines to the dist......going on memory so all bets are off.

One is for when the engine is warm and the other for cold (controlled by a thermo valve). So since I can't remember which is which....also you have to figure out how you want things to work....I'd bet you want the best when warm.....tie into a source from the carb. Cold hard throttle will suck but once warm you should get the advance for decent driving. Like driving my 66 when cold don't hammer it and think anything special will happen.....

Last edited by poorman212; 11-19-2012 at 07:31 PM.