General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

86 accord dx 2 barrell carb.

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2006, 02:36 AM
sukka68
Unregistered
Default 86 accord dx 2 barrell carb.

First let me say hello all i am new and would like some assistance with my car if i could please. My issue is that when i turn a corner and begin to accelerate my car when it gets above three grand will begin to buck to beat the band, when this happens i need only to turn of and back on the ignition switch a couple times and it goes away, can anyone give me some insight on this issue???

Old 08-26-2006, 09:45 AM
Administrator
Default RE: 86 accord dx 2 barrell carb.

Hello New Member...
Thank you for joining the forums of HAF!

When was the last time you changed your fuel filter please!

WheelBrokerAng [sm=americanasmiley.gif]

Old 08-26-2006, 07:03 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

sounds like more carb then electrical or ignition. clogged filter would do it. bad fuel pump, clogged jets, faulty accelerator pump

Old 08-26-2006, 10:24 PM
sukka68
Unregistered

i have very recently rebuilt the carburetor and did a complete tune up (plugs wires cap rotor and also three cans of carb cleaner in the gas) and i also replaced the primary and scondary fuel filters. The only reason i thing it might be electrical is that when i turn off the ignition off twice it goes away for a while...any suggestions would be greatlt appreciated.. and thanx for the kind welcome :-)

Old 08-27-2006, 06:01 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

ORIGINAL: sukka68

First let me say hello all i am new and would like some assistance with my car if i could please. My issue is that when i turn a corner and begin to accelerate my car when it gets above three grand will begin to buck to beat the band, when this happens i need only to turn of and back on the ignition switch a couple times and it goes away, can anyone give me some insight on this issue???

does this ONLY happen when you are turning ?? so after you turn the car off and restart it , you can turn a corner and will not have the problem ??

Old 08-29-2006, 02:06 AM
sukka68
Unregistered

Yes happens more offen when turning and accelerating. If I turn and gently accelerate , it does not seem to do it as bad but if i get to or over three thousand RPMs it starts to buck badly. All I do is shut off the key with it still in gear and turn it right back on two or three times and it goes away till i turn again. I have been having a problem with the squirter hole for the accelerator pump getting clogged. When i rebuilt the carb. there was ALOT of junk in the bottom of the bowl I cleaned it out but when I had to pull the top of the carb. off to unclog the squirter it was full of trash again. I am thinking about draining the tank and flushing it out.???

THE CAR IS AN 1986 ACCORD DX 2.0 WITH TWO BARRELL CARBURETOR...THANX FOR THE HELP...