General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

90 Honda randomly not starting...please help

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2007, 07:52 PM
sportsaddict227
Unregistered
Default 90 Honda randomly not starting...please help

Hello! I am in need of some help.[sm=helpout.gif] I have a 1990 Honda Accord with an automatic transmission. It only has 55,000 original miles on it. My S light keeps flashing randomly and when it does this my car will not start. There is absolutely no pattern to this but it does appear to be happening more often. Sometimes it will start back up within 10 minutes and sometimes I get stranded for 3-6 hours somewhere. When I checked the codes (if I did it right) they were related to sensors and something about no signal to ECU. The car runs excellent when it is running. If there is anyway you can help I would appreciate it. I was told to add the actual codes that came up when I checked them so I am going to do that. The codes were oxygen sensor, map sensor, ckp sensor,idle mixture adj sensor,and angle sensor. I am clueless when it comes to cars and my husband is not much better so please help me. I am tired of getting stuck in 100 plus degree heat with my daughters.[sm=smiley13.gif]It is to the point that I am afraid to turn my car off for fear it will not start. Any help is very much appreciated. [sm=feedback.gif] Thanks!
Heather

Old 08-09-2007, 12:15 PM
Super Moderator : And A Texan
Default RE: 1990 honda accord question

You need to post the code numbers you extracted.

Failure to start after stopping, particularly if car is left in open sun can be due to a failing Main Fuel Relay (MFR). Do a search on main fuel relay for lot's of advice. Look upder DIY section for further guidance.

good luck

Old 08-10-2007, 09:49 PM
sportsaddict227
Unregistered
Default RE: 1990 honda accord question

Thanks for your advice! I will definitely check that out.