General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

92 Accord EX no start engine flooded?

Old 11-20-2015, 12:25 AM
Newest Of Newbies
Default 92 Accord EX no start engine flooded?

Ok guys so I went to a concert last night and took a friends car and left mine at his house. When we got back I got in my car and started it and it ran fine for about 30 seconds if that started bogging out then died. I was a little low on gas so I put a couple gallons in it then tried again only nothing. I then took the intake off and sprayed some starting fluid in there and she fired up briefly then died so I did it again and kept spraying a little at a time to keep it running til I got it to idle on its own then I let it run for about 5 minutes and was able to hit the throttle without it dying it seemed to be running normal until I went to pull out then it died again. It's hard when you're by yourself I can't get out of the car fast enough to spray starting fluid to keep it running lol but anyways I do have a cold air intake on my car and it was raining hard last night so I'm thinking somehow it sucked up some water after I started it last night. I pulled the plugs to see if they were wet at all they looked good everything seems normal but I can't get it to run I don't know what's going on it was running fine before this. My question is assuming it is water in the intake what is the best way to clear it out? After this I'm going back to the stock air box I've learned my lesson. Any and all opinions are welcome and appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Old 11-20-2015, 06:03 PM
Super Moderator

When you first turn the key to on - does the CEL come on for a few seconds and then go off.....also during this few seconds do you hear the fuel pump prime? Yo might have to turn off the radio, bower motor and shut the door (things that make nosie) to hear the "hum" of the pump.