General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

92 Accord EX Wagon Bumper

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2012, 01:08 AM
Default 92 Accord EX Wagon Bumper

I am having on heck of a time trying to locate the front bumper, even after finding out the part number. What are the differences in the bumpers? All models seem to exclude the wagon. The part number is 71101-SM5-A00ZZ, now the 91 wagon front bumper part number is very similar it is 71101-SM5-A10ZZ. What are the differences besides the noticeable grill part of it? Could it be used on the 92?

I hit a rim with tire still attach in the middle of the night on the 5 freeway in Los Angeles. What a scary sight, from out of the dark, a tire bouncing from right to left. I tried to avoid it but not so lucky. Ripped hole in bumper, snatched my wiper reservoir, removed the wheel well/cover skirt, dented the rim, tire looked like it exploded, bent fender, and messed up the suspension. Replaced lower control arm, tire and an alignment. (to make it drivable) The other drivers insurance repair shop price tag $1650 no body repairs included (bloated added parts/labor) my mechanic plus make it drivable $680. So now I am trying to put her back together, unbelievable car at 238,000 miles the only leak is the A/C, door locks don't unlock (fixing that this weekend) I could go on but I'll get kicked out.

Last edited by cwgraf71; 06-22-2012 at 02:17 AM.
Old 06-22-2012, 09:53 AM
Super Moderator

I don't know the exact differences. I would suggest checking out car-part.com to find out what donor cars are out there for your wagon. That sites searches junkyards and you can sort by price or distance from where you live.

Old 06-22-2012, 10:54 PM
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by PAhonda
I don't know the exact differences. I would suggest checking out car-part.com to find out what donor cars are out there for your wagon. That sites searches junkyards and you can sort by price or distance from where you live.

I don't see a thank you button like on the other forums, THANK YOU so much!!!!!!!!!!! I cannot believe I was having such a hard time finding items when there is a whole list of places at car-parts.com. One of which is only 7 miles away, this is totally awesome. I am still trying to locate a couple of small items, but now know where to start looking and calling.