General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

'92 accord at-rear motor mount

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2006, 12:28 AM
trvlnut
Unregistered
Default '92 accord at-rear motor mount

I have done a search on how to do this and I'm not having any luck so I decided to post here.

My car vibrates when idling. I had one of the front motor mounts replaced and that helped, but it's still vibrating. I'm thinking that the rear motor mount needs to be replaced.

My experience working on cars is not much. Biggest thing I've done is replace the alternator. So, does anyone know where I can find info on how to replace the rear motor mount? I want to look at the instructions (with pics if possible) to see if I dare attempt it.

TIA

Old 10-30-2006, 02:08 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: '92 accord at-rear motor mount

before you replace it, you got to make sure that it is broken,,,,,,put a floor jack under the tranny and raise car up slightly,, look at the motor mount , if the rubber part of it separates , or you can see it broken then mount needs to be replaced ,,
assuming your car has auto tranny, there is a vacc hose that goes to mount diaphram,, at idle 700 rpm car in gear, should have vacc available at that hose ,, if you do, get a vacc pump and apply vacc at diaphram to make sure it is holding vacc and not leaking

If you need to replace the mount , i have found the best way is to remove it from under the car,

Old 10-30-2006, 02:16 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: '92 accord at-rear motor mount

DH is right..... you are going to have to support the engine and tring to get it from the top is a MAJOR PITB (intake and other stuff in the way)

I do not believe that you will need to remove the exhasut pipe but if you do, it will make it a little easier...