General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

92 LX, Transmission issue

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2013, 12:33 AM
Default 92 LX, Transmission issue

OK I will Try to explain this best I can,

I have a 92 LX with the auto transmission, the repeatedly problematic transmission . I have already Replaced the TCU, The ECU, checked wiring,

The problem is as I was driving The other day I noticed the car suddenly started slowing down and the acting as though it was in nuetral, pulled over put it in park, then tried taking off ,, and it was was acting as though I didnt even shift at all when trying to put it in any gear, it Displayed the gears correctly on the dash, i turned the car off ,,, restarted and then it shifted ,, and finally got up speed ,, but after a few minutes its slipped again. so I repeated my turn off the ignition restarting to just make it home. As I stated I just recently Replaced the TCU ,, so I yanked up the carpet ,,, and checked the harnesses ,,, made sure I didnt leave the harness loose accidently no problems there. so now ,, Im noticing when I try to put it in any gear ,, it slips sometimes The best way i can describe it is it delays in going in gear and when it does it like it winds down into gear, I checked the Transmission fluid its full ,and I use the correct honda fluid and its been fine the past months i drove it. So I wonder if this maybe a sign that the torque converter clutch solenoid is bad? or is it something far worse like the torque converter itself getting to hot and failing? or has my TCU went bad again? No lights are flashing on the dash ,, no *D4 light* etc. nothing indicates an issue. sorry about the long wind just trying to be thorough as possible , thanks for any advice /opinions

Last edited by Accord92TK; 06-15-2013 at 12:37 AM. Reason: forgot to mention it seems to go in reverse fine almost every time, but I thought I felt a slip backing up the driveway
Old 06-15-2013, 08:25 AM
Super Moderator : And A Texan

About all I can suggest is to check for TCU codes. There are several than don't set the D4 light flashing, and it's possible you could have one of those codes.

"Slips in all gears" fault in hydraulic fault chart says worn oil pump or binding, pressure regulator stuck, or ATF strainer clogged. None of these are repairable w/ trans in place. Best hope might be a trans additive could free a stuck regulator or binding oil pump. Pretty low probability of success, but cheap enough to be worth a try.

good luck