General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

93 Accord Front Defroster not working.

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2008, 12:45 PM
GKK
Unregistered
Default 93 Accord Front Defroster not working.

When selecting the front window defroster button, the air only comes out from the front dash vents. I found that pushing in any of the different climate buttons, the air only comes out of the front dash vents. Whatswitches the air going from the floor to the defroster?

Since, this is an electronic system, is there a motor that needs to be replaced? I checked all the fuses and they are all good. The A/C works fine but, only blows air through the front dash vents. The air tempurature will change from warm to cool OK and the blower works fine. Thank you for your help.

Old 11-04-2008, 12:55 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: 93 Accord Front Defroster not working.

there is a diverter plate in there that is hooked to an actuator. I believe that Hondadude has posted an exploded diagram before, but I'm unsure of the year that was for. Try looking in the online service manuals. I think they are posted in the DIY section.

Old 11-04-2008, 01:23 PM
GKK
Unregistered

Thanks, falkore24.

I looked at itagain and it seems like the control panel is dead. Theair just blows through the front dash vents no matter what buttons are pushed even thougheach button lightsup.Can the climate Control Panel just stop working?

Old 11-04-2008, 03:02 PM
Super Moderator

Fuse #8 underdash fuse panel 7.5 amp; The other thing to check is if you can hear the recirculation motor [behind glove box]change positions.
Dash diving is required to get to the mode motor on the drivers side of the heater box.
Power goes to it on a Yellow/black wire. It changes position depending on which pin is groundedgoing to the position buttons.

I'd love to get ya a schematic, and or component location but if I try to post links or pics, all I get is an error 401 message from this website. [sm=pcwhack.gif]....then [sm=headbang.gif]

If you need more info feel free to E-mail me.

Old 11-04-2008, 03:41 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Thanks HondaDude!!! The link issue is strange ..... I don't have problems with them, but I know that at least you and DesertHonda do! 2 of our most knowledgeable members

[sm=headbang.gif][sm=dontgetit.gif][sm=lame.gif][sm=WTFsgign.gif][sm=wtf.gif]

Old 11-05-2008, 12:18 PM
GKK
Unregistered

Thanks, hondadude.

I checked the #8 fuse and it's OK. I couldn't hear the recirculation motor change positions, it just seems that the control panel lights up but, does nothing. I looked underneath the driver side dash and could see a couple of linkages, one with a white L shaped plastic arm but, I don't know what it controls.

It's my son's vehicle so, I might have to take it to my mechanic if I can't figure out what's wrong. I gave him a microfiber towel to wipe the inside of the windshield in the meantime. I thought this would be a common problem for this year Accord (1993). Thanks, for your help.