General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

'94 Accord EX No Start

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2012, 01:51 PM
Exclamation '94 Accord EX No Start

What's up guys,

My girl has a '94 Accord EX F22B AUTO with a no start problem. It'll start when you give it a jump, but it will not turn back on once you shut the car completely off. A buddy of mine has a '91, and we fixed his no start problem by replace the fuel main relay underneath the steering column. But I feel this is totally a different issue with the '94. They battery and alternator passed their test when we got them checked out at our local auto parts store.

When the '94 is running, you'll begin to hear ticking noises coming from the passenger dash, definitely sounds like a relay. I checked out a schematic, and could it be the ABS FAIL SAFE relay? If defected, does the relay prevent the car to start? Kinda like those kill-switches off the crown vic's? Anyway, the ABS light is on. It'll do that loud buzzing sound that everybody is talking about when the car is turned on, and the ABS light will illuminate when the buzzing sound is gone.

I don't know, maybe it could be that stupid main relay. But the symptoms from the '91 and the the '94 are different with their no start problem. Hopefully I have provided you all with enough information, I apologize that I have no ABS codes to give out cuz I have not checked for them.

Thanks in advance!

Old 06-11-2012, 07:51 PM
Super Moderator

Sounds more like a bad connection in the electrical section. BE SURE the cables are clean and tight on the battery, also check the other ends of them.

I'm assuming the battery and alt have been tested and both check out.