General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

94 Accord Previous owner met a curb?

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2007, 06:47 AM
camaroz
Unregistered
Default 94 Accord Previous owner met a curb?

I recently purchased a 94 Accord for cheap from a friend to fix and drive for the winter then sell. It's a 94 Accord 5 Spd f22b1.. So heres one of the problems I can't figure out. The car won't drive straight, and pulls badly to the left without the steering wheel atleast a quarter turn, also the front of the passenger side tire is noticeably pointed inward out of alignment. But I can't find anything bent when I pulled the wheel off? I took a few pictures so hopefully someone can give me there opinion. oh yeah, I forgot to mention I found some sort of link missing a bolt and I was wondering if it can effect the alignment.

Here's the missing bolt
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...g?t=1192016600
Grease all around the inner CV joint, But the boot isn't ripped.. any suggestions here?
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...g?t=1192016602
Another shot to help me find something out of place..
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...g?t=1192016824

Thanks, Tim

Old 10-10-2007, 11:28 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: 94 Accord Previous owner met a curb?

I think that there is a second bolt that goes into the radius rod, that is missing from the pics. Look up the front lower control arm under chasis from www.hondapartsdeals.com to get a blowup of the parts diagram. That misssing bolt can screw up your alignment.

The leak near the inner CV boot, that looks more like tranny fluid leaking. There is a rubber seal where the CV boot goes into the tranny that can wear out. There is also a circlip that goes on the end of the CV to help keep it in place that could be worn out. You might want to open the top bolt and see if there is the transmission fluid is filled to the top and add some honda atf if low.

You can also download a 94 shop manual from www.hondahookup.com/manuals that will have a lot of useful information on it.

Old 10-10-2007, 12:56 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

its a manual...

Old 10-12-2007, 04:24 PM
camaroz
Unregistered

ORIGINAL: PAhonda

I think that there is a second bolt that goes into the radius rod, that is missing from the pics. Look up the front lower control arm under chasis from www.hondapartsdeals.com to get a blowup of the parts diagram. That misssing bolt can screw up your alignment.
Yup, I figured there was a bolt missing. I tried to loosen the bolt to straighten the radius arm out and it snapped in the lower control arm. I don't know what else can go wrong [:@] Any ideas to get the bolt out? it's seized in the control arm pretty good...
ORIGINAL: PAhonda
The leak near the inner CV boot, that looks more like tranny fluid leaking. There is a rubber seal where the CV boot goes into the tranny that can wear out. There is also a circlip that goes on the end of the CV to help keep it in place that could be worn out. You might want to open the top bolt and see if there is the transmission fluid is filled to the top and add some honda atf if low.
I was trying to find the leak of the transmission, I wasn't aware of the oil seal... But the CV joint is clicking and the boot must be ripped because of all the green joint grease all over the boot.

Old 10-12-2007, 07:06 PM

the clicking would lead me to believe the CV joint is bad and not a tranny leak. As for the snapped bolt you could try heating it and using an ez out tool or see how much a new raius rod would cost

Old 10-12-2007, 07:26 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

ORIGINAL: sir_nasty

As for the snapped bolt you could try heating it and using an ez out tool or see how much a new raius rod would cost
also you might trying to drill it out and retap it .or replace the lower control arm .
....And Sir.. the broken bolt is in the lower control arm ,, , it just goes through the radius rod ..

Old 10-12-2007, 08:11 PM
camaroz
Unregistered

ORIGINAL: deserthonda

ORIGINAL: sir_nasty

As for the snapped bolt you could try heating it and using an ez out tool or see how much a new raius rod would cost
also you might trying to drill it out and retap it .or replace the lower control arm .
....And Sir.. the broken bolt is in the lower control arm ,, , it just goes through the radius rod ..
Yes, the bolt is stuck in the LCA like deserthonda says. I'm pretty sure I'll just end up buying a new LCA.. That bolt is pretty seized up [:@]. To replace the LCA i have to remove the sping right? I hate when bolts break on me...