General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

94 Honda Accord LX Rainwater getting into front portion of engine compartment

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2012, 04:55 PM
Newest Of Newbies
Default 94 Honda Accord LX Rainwater getting into front portion of engine compartment

94 Honda Accord Lx Rainwater getting into front portion of engine compartment

94 Honda Accord LX, 2.2 liter, 4 cylinder, 5 speed manual with AC, no
antilock brakes, 4 door sedan

Recently found water in front portion of the engine compartment. This was after washed the car with outdoor hose, water leaked into engine compartment at front most area on both drivers and passenger side. I imagine rainwater will be doing the same thing in the future.

On the passenger side this water goes onto cover for the air filter and some onto battery holder, and on drivers side leaks down in front around power steering fluid container where there are some components and electrical wires for aftermarket alarm system in my Honda.

The drain holes for rain water up by the windshield are open and work, but some water it seems gets past these drain holes and instead goes down the groove along edge of the hood and some of that water leaks into these areas I described above.

My question is this a common problem for 94 Honda Accords and anything that can be done to stop this problem ???

I do NOT want make any modification to divert rainwater near the front window and rainwater then could to get into other critical areas of the engine compartment such as the fuse box which is on the passenger side near the front window nor the electrical components near drivers side front window.

What if anything can and should I do on this problem of rainwater dripping into front portion of the engine compartment ???