General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Buzzing from door lock actuators...

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2012, 10:44 PM
Almost A Senior Member
Default Buzzing from door lock actuators...

So on the 95' Accord, the power door locks buzz. It's really annoying. I know I can replace or "repair" the actuators but can I avoid using them entirely and save money by not having to repair them?

I'm not really sure how the car would lock and how I would disable them. I think:

1. I can pull a fuse to disable the actuators entirely.
2. The doors will still lock, but not by pushing the keyfob, I would have to manually lock each door. How the backdoors will lock, I have no idea. I'm assuming these will have to be locked/unlocked from inside since only the front doors have locks on the outside.
3. On the 93' Accord you simply put a key in the drivers side door and it unlocks and locks every doors. My 93' never had the buzzing noise and its older than the 95'. Either they didn't use actuators then or the actuators just didn't break. All I know is if I can get the 95' like the 93' where I can lock/unlock all doors by using the drivers side key, I'll be happy.
4. There's still the issue of the factory alarm. Without the keyfob the factory alarm still sounds off if you try to unlock the car through the key.

Anyone done this before and knows what I should do and where to start and what the results could possibly be? I'll pull fuses, as long as the locks still work I don't really care!

Old 07-26-2012, 10:59 PM
Almost A Senior Member

Originally Posted by MessAround
So on the 95' Accord, the power door locks buzz. It's really annoying. I know I can replace or "repair" the actuators but can I avoid using them entirely and save money by not having to repair them?

I'm not really sure how the car would lock and how I would disable them. I think:

1. I can pull a fuse to disable the actuators entirely.
2. The doors will still lock, but not by pushing the keyfob, I would have to manually lock each door. How the backdoors will lock, I have no idea. I'm assuming these will have to be locked/unlocked from inside since only the front doors have locks on the outside.
3. On the 93' Accord you simply put a key in the drivers side door and it unlocks and locks every doors. My 93' never had the buzzing noise and its older than the 95'. Either they didn't use actuators then or the actuators just didn't break. All I know is if I can get the 95' like the 93' where I can lock/unlock all doors by using the drivers side key, I'll be happy.
4. There's still the issue of the factory alarm. Without the keyfob the factory alarm still sounds off if you try to unlock the car through the key.

Anyone done this before and knows what I should do and where to start and what the results could possibly be? I'll pull fuses, as long as the locks still work I don't really care!
This should help.

https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/for...cycling-48713/

Old 07-26-2012, 11:53 PM
Almost A Senior Member

Hey thanks for the response!

I already saw that before when I searched for previous answers. In my case it's different, I already know the actuator is broken but I don't want to pay to buy replacements nor do I want to waste time doing it myself if I can avoid it. I've done things behind the door panel, it's super easy but it takes time and energy and I'm too tired after work to bother.

So I'm really only looking for a way to avoid using the actuators at all but still be able to lock the car. If it means I can't use the remote, fine. As long as I can still lock it (probably with the keys).

Old 07-27-2012, 12:07 AM
Almost A Senior Member

Hey thanks for the response!

I already saw that before when I searched for previous answers. In my case it's different, I already know the actuator is broken but I don't want to pay to buy replacements nor do I want to waste time doing it myself if I can avoid it. I've done things behind the door panel, it's super easy but it takes time and energy and I'm too tired after work to bother.

So I'm really only looking for a way to avoid using the actuators at all but still be able to lock the car. If it means I can't use the remote, fine. As long as I can still lock it (probably with the keys).
Oh alright. So do your doors lock and unlock if you use the drivers side door. I know on mine when im unlocking all the doors I have to hold it a little bit to unlock all the doors while its in the unlock position. Dont know if thats what your wondering???

Old 07-27-2012, 07:47 PM
Almost A Senior Member

The doors do lock and unlock with the key but they set off the alarm. I was hoping there was a fuse for the power locks I could pull to disable.

Old 07-27-2012, 08:10 PM
Super Moderator

Well if you are not going to fix it, either pull the fuse(s) for the locks....I'd have to check the wire diagrams to see if that is the only thing the fuse disconnects the power to - or pull the connector from the actuator.

Old 07-28-2012, 05:15 PM
Almost A Senior Member

The doors do lock and unlock with the key but they set off the alarm. I was hoping there was a fuse for the power locks I could pull to disable.
Oooohhh alright. I think I misread what you were trying to do... Sorry