General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Door Lock Actuators

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2006, 09:46 AM
Default Door Lock Actuators

I've been reading soo many posts about having problems with the actuators.. well mine, Last night at one time I had to hold the handle up to lock it.. or I could only lock it if I was INSIDE the car with the door closed (not from the outside with a key or with the switch OR manually by pulling up/down on the lock thing)

It started working again, but it still acts up.

Also, are all the doors supposed to lock when I lock it from the outside with a key on DriverSide?

Just a few minor problems like that.. and the passenger side rear door lock not working with power at all, I hear a squealing noise like it's trying to but just doesn't

if anyone has tips, post back.. i appreciate it!

Old 09-22-2006, 02:40 PM
Default RE: Door Lock Actuators

Perhaps you've never noticed the handle issue but I believe that all honda's require you to hold up the door handle to lock the drivers side door if it's open... My 81 civic, 94 civic and 94 accord all did that. It's a saftey feature so you don't lock your keys in the car. If you use the key fob a lot then you'd never have noticed this issue... it should have locked with the Key FOB though..

Passenger side though does sound like it's either shot or the connecting rod to the lock has popped out/off so you hear the motor running with no resitance... I'd pop off your door panel on the pasenger side when it's not working and watch it to see if it's even connected and if it's moving... let me know what year/model of car you have too....

Old 09-22-2006, 03:29 PM
Default RE: Door Lock Actuators

1996 LX

Thanks for the info! Just glad to hear that the driver door thing is normal.. and not something I have to look into lol.

I'm not too familiar with all of the interior, or actually the whole car yet.. I might wait a few days before popping off the panel just so it's less to worry I could mess up I have bad luck..