General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

94 LX -remote start installed but wont crank. Need help

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2010, 08:24 PM
Default 94 LX -remote start installed but wont crank. Need help

i just finished installing an AVITAL 5103(DEI) alarm/remote start in my 94 accord lx.I have everything working fine (security) The problem im having is when I press the starter button on the remote, the start sequence initiates but doesn't crank.it then attempts to start 2 more times and nothing. If i start the car with the key, press start button on remote, and remove key from ignition the car stays running until i tap the break (the way its supposed to).I tried the tach learn process, no good.everything seems to be wired correct but i wasnt sure about the ignition 1 & ignition 2 wires? if i got those switched would that cause the issues im having?

Old 11-08-2010, 03:08 AM
Super Moderator

I am not sure which wires your security system is using, so can you tell us what wires are connected to the starting part of the system?

Old 11-08-2010, 08:31 PM

remote starter wires as follows:
H/1- (+) STARTER OUTPUT (PURPLE) CONNECTED TO BLK/WHT (STARTER SIDE)
H/2- STARTER INPUT (GREEN) CONNECTED TO BLK/WHT (IGNITION SIDE)
H/3(2 FUSED WIRES)- (+) 12V INPUT FOR HIGH CURRENT OUTPUTS (RED) CONNECTED TO WHT (CONSTANT 12V)
H/4- (+) ACCESSORY OUTPUT (ORANGE) CONNECTED TO YELLOW (ACC)
H/5- (+) IGNITION OUTPUT (PINK) CONNECTED TO BLK/YELLOW (IGNITION)
H/6- (+) SECOND IGNITION ACCESSORY OUTPUT CONNECTED TO WHT/BLK (2ND IGNITION)
H/7- (+) 12V INPUT CONNECTED TO WHT (CONSTANT 12V)

There is also a 4-pin connector coming off the starter module which i wasnt sure if i needed:
H/1- (-) 200ma status output (blue)
H/2- (-) 200ma accessory relay turn on (orange)
H/3- (-) 200ma starter relay turn on (purple)
H/4- (-) 200ma ignition relay turn on (pink)
if these are needed please help.

also do any other wires besides the starter wire, need to be split because i "T" tapped all the rest!

Old 11-19-2010, 06:16 PM
Default still need some help!

When i press the remote start button, the dash lights light up, fuel pump kicks in, and right when its supposed to crank, I hear 1 click from the starter and then it shuts down and repeats this cycle 2 more times. Im loosing my mind trying to figure this out cuz winter seems to be creeping up really quick!

Old 11-19-2010, 08:06 PM
Super Moderator

I am not a fan of aftermarket alarm systems. FYI: When they fail, they can cause all kinds of headaches.

It sounds like your system is putting out the 12V signal to the starter. Maybe it is not enough current?

I am guessing that H/3 wire should not be T-tapped. I am assuming that H/3 is the power source the alarm unit uses for the starter.

I would run a test wire from the 50amp fuse in the engine by fuse box (use the fused side) to the H/3 fused wires coming out of the alarm. Then test out the remote starter?

Old 11-22-2010, 08:46 PM

so what your saying is try an alternate(direct) 12v source to the h/3 wires. Ill try that and let you know the outcome! thanks!