General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

95 ex Honda Accord parts on ebay

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2008, 10:50 PM
d_zone21
Unregistered
Default 95 ex Honda Accord parts on ebay

95 honda accord ex (4cyl), I need to buy VSS(variable speed sensor) and crankshaft position sensor, i went to autozone and it cost $150 and i looked at ebay for $25. is it ok to buy it at ebay? is it as good as the at autozone? crankshaft position sensor cost over $150, is there a website i can go too that is reliable at a reasonable price?

Thank you

NEiser

Old 10-19-2008, 10:33 AM
Default RE: 95 ex Honda Accord parts on ebay

buying from ebay is riskier than buying from a local retailer. You may end up with no recourse if problems occur. I can tell you from experience that the Ebay company will not lift a finger to help. That being said, most of us have had good luck with ebay.
The parts are mostly cheaper, made in China. I have purchased Honda genuine parts on ebay. Each part will need to be investigated. A $25 part is unlikely to be the same as a $150 part.
Remember- you always pay for what you get, sometimes you get what you pay for

Old 10-19-2008, 11:17 AM
Super Moderator : And A Texan
Default RE: 95 ex Honda Accord parts on ebay

I have purchased several VSS from ebay for about $25. One only lasted about a year, but I swapped some parts from new VSS to old VSS body so problem could have been mine. I did this on an Acura TL w/ a unique VSS body shape but same internals as Accords, et al. DoctorAutoParts was vendor and they shipped promptly. I don't think the Honda product at $125 is worth that much extra, but it likely is a higher quality product.

I suspect some VSS problems are simply due to excess lube grease (inside VSS) blocking the signal between magnetic rotor and sensor. It might be worth cleaning, lightly lubing w/ silicone grease,and re-installing the sensor rotor (remove 3 top screws to expose rotor). I plan to try this on my next VSS fault. VSS is a common fault w/ Honda/Acura products.

good luck