General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

97 Accord passenger side door problem

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2010, 11:00 AM
Default 97 Accord passenger side door problem

Hi everyone. It seems like my doors just won't stop screwing up. Now I got a problem on the passenger side. I have a 97 Accord EX 2door.

I believe these are the trim pieces I need replaced:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000UGV6ZC/

The thing is I don't know the names of the other parts or where to order them. I need basically everything that connects the piece linked above to the door rods for the passenger side. I'm hoping this should be an easy fix and shouldn't cost more than a few bucks, its just that I don't know where to go. I live near Philly, and can of course also order stuff online.

* Full story if you care to read:

For awhile the keyless entry wasn't locking or unlocking the passenger. It seems like it didn't have enough power because I had to apply much more force to do it manually than the driver side. Well eventually the lock switch (don't know what its really called, but the piece that says "LOCK" on it) became real floppy. I removed the trim around the interior handle and the handle itself to reveal that all the plastic parts in there basically shattered.

I'm replacing the interior door handle and trim on both doors because they are both cracked. I find this plastic to be of really low quality. But on the passenger side I have it completely removed and just the rods exposed. At the moment the door only opens if I pull rod closest to the dash board towards the dash, and while holding it there pull the other rod in the same direction and push the door open. It seems like I might have to apply more force than necessary to the first rod, I still need to compare this to the other side.

Thanks.

Old 05-24-2010, 11:06 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

$ 55 list is way way too high dealer price is only about 30 dollars or so,,

http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/

search here,,^^^ see if any cheaper ..

Old 05-24-2010, 11:12 AM
Administrator

Hello Gianni my friend..
I believe your right, that cost seems to high for
that part. My local dealer(high)$$ doesn't even charge that much..

Look Who's Back in The Forum

WheelBrokerAng

Old 05-24-2010, 03:46 PM

Awesome link! Stupid question, but is the left side still considered driver's side on Japanese cars? I've read it's not, but that seems silly.

Old 05-24-2010, 04:13 PM
Super Moderator

Japanese car made for USA (or for Europe) - driver's side is the left side. But there's the UK or Scotland where the driver's side it the right side. So it can still get confusing.

Better just to ALWAYS think of yourself sitting inside the car, left - right - front - back are ALWAYS from the viewpoint of someone sitting inside the car.