General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

98 Accord Drivers window won't stay clamped to regulator

Old 02-14-2013, 09:30 AM
Default 98 Accord Drivers window won't stay clamped to regulator

My drivers window keeps coming out of the clamp that holds it to the regulator. Basically, if I close my window completely, when I open it, the regulator goes down leaving the window in the up position. If I press my hand against the window and apply downward pressue, the window then comes free and I can easily set it back on the regulator. Then, after its back on the regulator, when I try to close the window, the window pitches forward as it goes up. I've tried tightening the bolts but can't tighten any more, I've even removed, heated and compressed clamp to help restore pressure which helped some but window still pitches forward when going up. I've found the parts diagram for the window assemblys (would post but can't upload attachments) but it shows these clamps as part of the window...anyone run into this before? Online searches haven't turned up anything b/c it isn't really a regulator issue and the window isn't really coming off track....

Is there anything else that helps prevent the window from pitching forward that I'm not seeing?

Old 02-15-2013, 08:21 PM
Super Moderator

Don't have a good picture in my head of the set up on the 6th gen....will use the ones I have of my accords.

At the bottom of the window - glass there should be two plastic "holders". They are a "U" shape with a threaded "nut".

So my question is this. If the "U" shaped plastic is not glued/epoxy to the glass...there is an issue. If the "nut" insert at the bottom of the clamp/holder is stripped...that is an issue.

So we need to know which it is....or both.