General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

98 accord v6 electric problem?

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2015, 08:05 AM
Default 98 accord v6 electric problem?

Guys got a question and a weird thing happening. first the car has been sitting for 6 months. i have started it like 3 times in the last month and half.
The battery was fine all summer when i checked and so on. now the battery is dead in no time. When i start it I let it run for like 15 min. Anyway I went to start it and look it over yesterday and opened the door and the battery was dead again. so I went to charge the battery like normal and then I turned on the charger on. The lights in the car started going up and down and the horn was going off and I could not get it to stop. I Disconnected the battery from the car and let it charge and went to connect it back up and it did they same thing again. So I unplugged the horns, and started the car. Now all the lights in the car where going on and off. Like I was turning the headlights on and off. I turned the headlights on and it stopped but I heard this clicking nose coming from the three relays in the engine bay that say headlights. I hit the door locks and they worked but the lights started going on and down again then the engine turned off. The started the car again and it was doing the same thing again. So I unplugged the three relays and then put them back and it stopped. I also looked at the pins on them and they look good no burn marks or corroded? Is it just maybe corrosion in the electrical from sitting all summer? I then started to try everything, ac/heater and so on and it was all fine and working normal. I'm getting the tranny rebuilt next week so I just want to make shore it's nothing before I drop the money on the tranny.

thanks

Old 10-21-2015, 09:43 AM
Super Moderator

Chipmunk/mouse/undefined rodent type chewing on your electricals?

Old 10-21-2015, 11:36 AM

maybe,i looked around and I did not see any eaten wires and the grounds all looked good. for what it's doing, is there a specific wire or somewhere in the harness that would do that it's doing? my plan it to see what it dose today when i get home.

Old 10-25-2015, 12:10 AM
Super Moderator

Did you try locking/unlocking the vehicle with your remote?